Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

danieljardim

My .02 cents. The right tire pressure is the one on the sticker.

My was under inflated for my weight, I had to fill it. (dont remember the numbers)

NEVER TAKE THE TIRE PRESSURE STICKER OFF. IT'S UGLY BUT IT'S IMPORTANT. NO "GUESSING/INTERNET SEARCHING" GAMES WITH IT. JUST LOOK AT THE STICKER. ;)

Deanohh

OP, do yourself a favor and have a knowledgeable person show you how to check your chain. Spec for this bike is different than most. Forget any smiley face nonsense, it must be measured. When too tight it will restrict travel of your suspension, and also put undue pressure on drive train. Too loose and it will clank against the swing arm or even fall off the sprocket.

The measurement is total deflection of chain centerline up and down, bike on both wheels in neutral no rider. 1-3/4-----2-1/4 in.

Just remembered you're lowered so that changes geometry...go tight enough to keep the chain about 1/4 inch from hitting the swing arm when you push up on it.

Last edited:

short_guy

NEVER TAKE THE TIRE PRESSURE STICKER OFF. IT'S UGLY BUT IT'S IMPORTANT. NO "GUESSING/INTERNET SEARCHING" GAMES WITH IT. JUST LOOK AT THE STICKER. ;)
Or take the sticker off, but use some clear packing tape to affix it to the bottom of the passenger seat. Still there when you need it, but not as much of an eyesore...

Saxon237

:eek:

There's no excuse for that. Even if you've never ridden a bike, if you've owned a car you should know better.
I do concur. We've given him nothing but crap ever since. *I* have never ridden a bike and I know that you have to check pressure...you can't just look at the tires!

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

FastFreddy

I find 35 PSI front tyre pressure makes the front slightly squishy under brakes, but not too squishy. Above this point its more hard and below that point its more squishy under brakes.

I usually go 37 PSI rear but will go 38 PSI soon as its getting colder and wetter lately and the tyres don't heat up much on the way to work.

What tyres do you have ? maybe its got a steep profile at some point in the cornering.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

SpawnXX

Premium Member

Brock Kickass

There's one turn in town that it feels like I lose rear traction every time I go around it. I don't know what it is. I have had the rear break loose on me before, so I know when it is and isn't happening, but for some reason, this particular turn has my number. At least half the times I go around it I bobble a bit. It happened on my 6R, and it happens on my FZ1. It has happened in cool weather, and in extreme heat. There's no sand or gravel there. I want to get a video of em going around it to see if I can solve it. The only thing about it that is different form other times is the recovery feels a lot smoother than when I lose the rear end in other turns.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Brock Kickass

I always wondered if it's the road surface there. The other possibility is that there's a contour in the pavement that drops off or something and it just feels like the rear end is going...

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member