random pictures of riding adventures...

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

owldaddy

Damn! The second one looks like Otay Lakes Rd? That road is nasty. I can see how a car could think he can take some of those corners fine and end up on his lid. Glad you guys weren't the cause of any of them.
Geeeezzzz Jon, you just brought back an unpleasant memory mentioning Otay Lakes Rd. I put my car into the creek at the end of that road where it T's into Campo Rd. in 1973. Somehow I missed the sign that warned me the road was about to T into another road, shot across Campo and flew off into the creek. This all happened at night, and as you must know, it is real dark out there. Sailors shouldn't drive sometimes.:( There is a lot more to that sea story, all I will admit to now is the guy who towed me out was a real nice guy, he almost had to shoot my shipmate, who was being an ass. Those were the days......

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Roaddawg

Geeeezzzz Jon, you just brought back an unpleasant memory mentioning Otay Lakes Rd. I put my car into the creek at the end of that road where it T's into Campo Rd. in 1973. Somehow I missed the sign that warned me the road was about to T into another road, shot across Campo and flew off into the creek. This all happened at night, and as you must know, it is real dark out there. Sailors shouldn't drive sometimes.:( There is a lot more to that sea story, all I will admit to now is the guy who towed me out was a real nice guy, he almost had to shoot my shipmate, who was being an ass. Those were the days......
Reminds me of that old song....

" What'll we do with a drunken sailor,
What'll we do with a drunken sailor,
Earl-aye in the morning?"

:iconbeer:

owldaddy

Reminds me of that old song....

" What'll we do with a drunken sailor,
Earl-aye in the morning?"

:iconbeer:
Well, it certainly happened early in the morning, just after midnight as I recall. When the CHP got there, all they cited me with was failing to stop at the stop sign... I'm not sure who called them, that location is in the middle of no where. I'm guessing the land owner heard someone drive through his fence again..... I should have been cited for speeding as well, I wasn't even close to the road when the car came to an abrupt stop. I found out Plymouths can fly, but they don't land very well. I had 3 other guys in the car with me, a night none of us will ever forget. I'll never forget coming around that corner at a high rate of speed, seeing the road disappear, then a fence, and then my headlights lighting up the empty darkness as we flew off the road and dropped into the creek.

Detrich

Hahahahaha.... That picture rocks! :)

picture 1 :

picture 2 (about 50 yards later):

it looks like he was finishing up an earlier ticket... good thing for me i guess...

arkkornkid

now that's the sign of a true rider.... too funny

and toof, is that a washer or something behind that fastener on the left... if so does it help get rid of the squeaking?

flyingminno

IMG_20110122_180301.jpgFrom a 450 mile ride to Quartszite, AZ. Got there at dusk, in time to enjoy the beautiful desert sunset, then the desert night sky.

Last edited:

b_who

From my ride through Ortega Hwy (74)

this was when i 1st went through it

b_who

Love that rode :D
hey toofless were did you get that sticker of the California bear?
ive bin looking around for a place to have one made preferably in reflective white

b_who

Yea there cracking down hard on that rode sense there has bin a lot of accidents there lately, funny thing is almost all were cagers crashing but there cracking down on sportbikes hard, some weekends the have checkpoints for exhaust and they pass a TON of harleys but EVERY sport bike gets checked :spank: which makes no sense to me.

i was thinking of doing that but i wasn't sure how good the quality would be
guess its worth a shot

JonKerr

Elite Member