Radio

SpawnXX

Premium Member

JSP

Super Moderator
I used the sansa clip 4gb, less than 40bucks, and helmet speakers. The whole thing was less than $70. I like the sansa clip better than the ipod shuffle or nano, not only because it is cheaper, but because i dont have to install extra software to download, upload, or manage my music. With the sansa just drop, copy, or paste the songs to a folder...plus you can store other files in there, just like a flash drive. So if you drop an audio file it will play, and if you have other files in there they will just be stored there for your work or school. Basically the sansa is a -cheap- flash drive that plays music (with radio and audio recording). The battery is great, it has been on for 8 to 10 hours (at work) with no problem, plus it charges really fast. ***Hey, did i mention that i am the North America distributor? ***...just kidding :D
I just really like the sansa clip, i hated the ipod "managing"/restrictive software. There are also 2gb and 8b models.
I had a Sansa Clip and it was nice indeed. It kept locking up on me constantly though. Looking at the reviews seems they still do that from time to time. Very irritating for me. Just did not want to deal with that while riding. I'm no Apple fanboy though. We already had to deal with the Itunes crap, etc for my wifes IPod Touch, so it was super easy to just throw the songs I wanted onto mine.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

latony007

Looked at several for my cruiser but never got one, never really seen a sport bike with one. But i love my built in bluetooth helmet (no wires or boxes glued to outside) and would be about the same price as a decent system. However no listening while your working on it or at the beach or that kind of thing. if anyone does install a cheap one that works well let me know and i might still consider it for my cruiser still. i really was trying to just get baseball on AM radio without paying for it. I can get it AM for free but if i want to stream it on my phone and then to my helmet i have to pay like $10 a month, screw MLB im not doing that they should be begging me to listen.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Danno

Radio from J&M

In reference to original post on a radio, J&M just released an FM/MP3/USB unit for $299 that's handlebar mounted, waterproof, etc. Don't know yet if it's Bluetooth friendly, but one caution I did noticed is the price of the speakers. Yikes: $399++. I have their CB unit and it's absolutely great, but the FM radio is a new release for them, I think.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Kayo7

You are really taking this much farther than I have lol. I look forward to seeing all the updated pictures/progress and maybe I will invest in doing something like this as well. You should be fine with having them separate but are you just going to lay them in the tank bag or mount them somehow to the bag?

bleedinblue

Elite Member
Last edited:

Kayo7

Which motocentric tank bag do you have?

latony007

i am exhausted just reading this thread never mind trying to do the install :)
You have completely convinced me to stick with my bt helmet lol

bleedinblue

Elite Member
Last edited:

bleedinblue

Elite Member

latony007

The gps version of the weekender, it was one of the first things I bought for my bike.I've used it for around 2 years now and its honestly a great little bag.

that's like having a tank on top of your tank lol

bleedinblue

Elite Member