Radio

Kayo7

Has anyone on here installed a radio on there bike? I'm starting to look into doing one myself (money being a problem) cause I really like to listen to music. I already tried using a BT headset and didn't really like it, so now I'm looking to go all out. If anyone has pictures as well that would be great.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Kayo7

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

Kayo7

You tried just using 1 earbud to listen to music? Takes a short time to get used to but I like it this way. I really wonder how the bike would handle a radio without draining the system. Nevermind the fact of where the heck to put one! :)

Good Luck if you do though!
I've tried both ear buds, tried just the one. I never liked ear buds from the beginning, and the helmet just makes it bother me more lol. I'm thinking if I were to mount it as close the the center of the handle bar as possible it might work. Or I was looking at some smaller marine radios that are flush mount that I could try to mount to the fairing like a cigarette lighter/12 v connector.

Kayo7

Kayo7

FYI, some states differ on this, but both is most likely always illegal. Some states don't allow any. In PA, they allow one.
ooopsss...... I'm just gonna pretend like I didn't see this???? lol

Y

yellowfz

FYI, some states differ on this, but both is most likely always illegal. Some states don't allow any. In PA, they allow one.
So our Scala headsets (I know they are not ear buds) have radios and play in both ears, how do you get around that?
I get FM radio and can tune for 6 stations.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member
Y

yellowfz

It states in the manual that if it is illegal in your state, you are only supposed to listen to one, but how you disconnect the other I don't know...short of cutting it off.
Crazy isn't it. :confused::eek:
Sometimes laws are not thought through all the way.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member