Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

NeoTericJM

Well I am pretty positive I will be getting a viper exhaust. I have to save up some money before I can order it. Technically I could get it now but I have to get more money in my account for bills and such. So how much total would it cost? I live in Ohio.

Slntblack

Marthy, just bought a new 09 Raven. got it damn cheap at the dealer. Your exhaust is amazing looking. IMO its better than TB. Im interested in the Viper. My buddy just bought a 2010 and he too is looking to change up the exhaust. What would be shipping to NY and do you have the headers to do 2 at once? THanks it advance.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

adam_fozz

Marthy, is it true that you dont need a Power Commander if you use a supertrap?

Does the bike retain its performance an fuel economy but still give you a deeper sound?

Thanks
Adam_Fozz

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

adam_fozz

I went on the dino for a back to back comparaison. Stock exhaust vs. Supertrapp / 8 discs. The Supertrapp had a little gain in the mid range up to about 9500 RPM, then a little lost of 2HP pass that. Then when I saw it was safe with 8 discs, I went for 10 disc. The top end was a little better and mid range felt about the same. Fuel economy was about like stock, easy to get in the 50's if you milk it.

In other words, you can get away without the PCV with the Supertrapp because you can adjust the back pressure. On the other hand it does cost you on top end a little. But for the most part your gain is where you should be riding 90% of the time.

The Supertrapp is a good compromise vs. $$$ spend. If you decide to add a PCV later on, you can always add some discs. I even add washers between discs to open it up a little more. You can always remove the end cap or replace it. There some really nice open end cap option for the Supertrapp. Some of them are pricy, but look bad a$$! :thumbup:
Thanks for the info Marthy. Cheeky I know, since you are trying to make some cash out of exhausts but would you check out this site and let me know if you think this would give similar results to the supertrap you have the in the USA.

Supertrapp 4 Inch Disc Type Tunable Silencer | Universal Exhaust Silencers | Exhausts | Motorsport Shop | Demon Tweeks

Thanks in advance
Adam_Fozz

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

adam_fozz

This is ecsactly what I use, without the bracket. 186 pound... Check this out... (from 2nd page of this post)

Here's the parts number that I used if some of you are interested to go that route...

From Summit Racing (Summitracing.com)

Supertrapp muffler #443-2010
Supertrapp 120 deg. heatshield #405-2120

I think even with shipping it would be cheaper, since our dollard don't worth crap these days... :(

Both cost about $175.00 USD
One last question marthy. With the UK XJ6 there is a o2 sensor on the exhaust. Am I right in thinking that if this is still used with a supertrapp setup it might cause some problems?

I know that the US FZ6R has no o2 sensor so it doesnt cause an issue.

Adam_Fozz

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

ibexrider

im interested but

will it pass the virginia inspection laws i pulled that part about mufflers and exhausts out

INSPECT FOR AND REJECT IF:

1. Vehicle has no exhaust line or tailpipe if the system is designed for same.

2. A muffler has been repaired with a jacket, a patch or in any other manner.

3. Vehicle has installed a muffler cutout or bypass.

4. Any components of the exhaust system are not properly secured.

5. Leakage of gases is noted at manifold gaskets, muffler and muffler connections, or at any point in the exhaust line.

6. Tailpipe opening is pinched or mashed.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited:

ibexrider

Look like someone sitting behind a computer who has never rode a bike wrote that. Well... it will not pass that test for all of the above!

Now if you want to go back and forth between there's 2 options. You keep your stock exhaust for inspection and buy another one for the other 364 1/2 days of the year.

Or we can work something out. I can cut the can at the 3" dia and weld a flange so you can install a slip-on and reinstall your can for inspection. I seriously doubt the they will strip your bike apart for inspection.

I double check few numbers here... To do it right, with the Viper can you're looking in the $525.00. With that you will be able to swap the two exhaust as you please in about 2 minutes. That will include everything + shipping.

It's a little more expensive but the Stainless Steel V band clamp is the way to go for this set up. I'm not big in Autozone exhaust clamp...
I was pretty sure it wouldn't be legal but I've had cars pass inspection that I knew shouldn't. I've never dealt with motorcycle inspections so I have no clue how strict they would be.

ibexrider

I also won't be doing anything anytime soon besides some frame sliders and a FE

CraigEgg

Thanks Marthy! LOVE the way the Supertrapp sounds, deep, hearty, and roars at all the right RPMs. Running 10 out here in Tucson.

I attached some pictures of a fabricated hangar that my buddy made with me (Thanks Mat!)

I am sure it wasn't 100% necessary, but I wanted just a bit of support anyway...I spent $6.41 at Ace getting pre-bent metal for wood brackets, a few nuts for spacers, and 2 nylon locking nuts for the ends.

The exhaust wont budge now =)

Thanks again Marthy!

PS: The exhaust sounds way better in person than the sound clips, not even close... =)

Attachments

Last edited: