Slip on with R6 Headers

Thechazcas

I just got my 2009 Fz6r, I want to get rid of the stock muffler but not spend 1,000$. I have been reading that the 03-05 generation R6 Headers can fit on my Fz6r and I can use a slip on muffler. Would any slip on muffler meant for the 03-05 generation of r6 work on my bike?
Does anyone have any advice on other parts I would need to use a slip on with the R6 headers or what brand of slip on muffler to buy.

Half-Click Up

I've run the R6 header for several years now. Started out with a Yoshi R-77 slip-on and now I run the Radiant Cycles Shorty GP (basically straight pipe). The most important thing is that you get a proper measurement of the end of your header. If I recall, my particular R6 header has a 1 and 7/8'' outside diameter. That's the trick to getting a proper slip-on, is making sure that you order one that specifically fits the diameter of your header end.

Troc69

I have a 2009 FZ6R as well. Unfortunately I don't know exactly what generation but it does have the R6 headers on it. The headers are so tight fitted that it almost touches the oil pan and my right brake is very close to the snug straight pipe exhaust tip. When I get home, I'll try to send you a picture of how snug everything looks

Attachments

Thechazcas

I've run the R6 header for several years now. Started out with a Yoshi R-77 slip-on and now I run the Radiant Cycles Shorty GP (basically straight pipe). The most important thing is that you get a proper measurement of the end of your header. If I recall, my particular R6 header has a 1 and 7/8'' outside diameter. That's the trick to getting a proper slip-on, is making sure that you order one that specifically fits the diameter of your header end.
I've watched a ton of your videos (huge fan btw as theres no other FZ6R channel like yours). After talking to a lot of people about it I ended up purchasing a full Black Widow exhaust system. It was actually 200$ cheeper than running r6 headers/ slip on and its an entirely new system. Hoping to not need a tune as it says it accepts all the original coding, but I have been reading on here that some people run into troubles/ lose performance which would in turn damage my engine.

Side note, if I have to run a tune (do not have any experience with it), what is a tune/map that you recommend for maintaining the longevity of my FZ6R's engine? I like the idea of a bit more torque/ engine performance but value keeping my bike nice as long as possible.