R6 Exhaust Marthy Edition

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

clifford_05

So marthy did you get your other exhaust yet to start that build?? I'm super interested in a cheaper better sounding exhaust. :D don't make me drive down to Florida, lmao

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

clifford_05

Working on it... I'm waiting for some parts. I ordered all the goodies that I needed to build 2 exhaust. One Supertrapp and one Viper. :canada: But your more then welcome to come over in Florida... :thumbup:
Ah ok. I remember you saying you ordered some stuff was hoping you had starting get stuff by now. You'll have to keep us updated. And id take the trip but thats a real far bike ride from Ohio, lol.

ajiribarren

My experience with PCV & AT is a bit limited but here what I learn from it. First from what you are saying, you're lean! Been there... AT is great but it can be a PITA also. It want to lean at the bottom end all the time. Probably cause by coasting with throttle close, not sure. So in a perfect world you need to rev up grab the clutch, close throttle and slow down.

Mark you throttle with a white pen for reference (10%, 15%, 20%, 40%, 60%, 80% and 100%) use your laptop to do it. Don't forget to go in setting and configure your throttle, you should see 0 when close, and 100 when all open.

So from idle (use 2nd gear) open the throttle steady to each of the mark you did up to 12500 rpm, grab the clutch & close throttle immediately. Don't let the engine rev down "engine brake" Plug in your laptop and accept trim in the top menu (tool, AT, accept..)

Not quite sure witch MAP you should use to start. There's 3. Stock pipe, M4 or TBro. None of them was working for me, so I use a blend of M4 & TB. Easy to do. If you know how to use Excel, PCV work the same way... Copy & Paste! So let say by example that you are happy with the bottom end of M4 but AT want to lean the top end. when you accept the AT trim it's for the whole MAP, you can't select just one section. (sucks) So what you need to do is accept the trim, save the MAP on a different name "B". Copy & Paste what you like back in MAP "A", save in MAP "A" (or "C") Send back to PCV. Sound maybe a bit complicated, but after you do it once or twice it's easy!

My MAP is here on a PDF file if you want to give it a try. Don't be afraid to manually change some number to add or lean. It might run like crap but you won't brake anything. If you see any number under -10 or so= Rubish! Like I said AT will go lean on the bottom end.

Hope it help Mate! Let me know if I can help some more on specific question. Just keep one last thing in mind. AT is not a dump proof programmer tool... read between the lines... PM your email I will email you my MAP. Actually if I end up to build a few pipe I might try to post my MAP on the PCV web to download. (Supertrapp)

Cheers! :iconbeer:
Marthy, thanks so much! My PCV hasn't arrived yet but you already given me a much needed insight on what the AT really is. Seems that I'll need to carry my laptop with me for a few days! I'll keep you posted when it finally arrives! I will need some help programming everything!

cheers

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

cavcuz05

Im up in Jax...if you get the system together id take a nice drive down to meet ya and work something out...i still have my stock header too:cool:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

clifford_05

I want a exhaust soooooooooooooo bad.. Ugh :-/ I think the TB looks tight but I'm on a budget right now. Need to make some extra cash asap. You guys feel like a tease, lol :p

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

clifford_05

I think that that Marthy is working on getting it down to a science so that he could sell them cheaply.
Oh I know. I've been watching this thread closely to watch for updates from marthy, lol.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

clifford_05

Are you aiming forthe Supertrapp or Viper?
It don't matter to me. I'd take either one. I guess I would aim at the viper first but both sound good so it's no biggie to me.

iSpoolin

So will ANY R6 Slip on work with our bikes as long as we install the R6 header?

cavcuz05

So will ANY R6 Slip on work with our bikes as long as we install the R6 header?
YES and NO...just depends on the style and make..I have a scorpion oval that fits just fine