Picked her up

Detrich

congrats! :)

holy cow- your rear tire! :eek: how far were you leaning over???

i hope i can do that after i go to ca sportbike school this september... :p

congrats congrats :)

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member

RooKie

And just to put a turd in your punch bowl, that rear right rim stripe is jacked up. Redoing those should be your #1 priority, mod wise. :cool:
haha... that was one of the first things I noticed as well, lol. Great looking bike!

Keep us posted on how you like it and stop ignoring the P90X comments :spank:

bmw675

congrats! :)

holy cow- your rear tire! :eek: how far were you leaning over???

i hope i can do that after i go to ca sportbike school this september... :p

congrats congrats :)
If I was a betting man, I would say that tire is b/c of the previous owner.
Not a knock to CC, ok may just a little :D, but I don't think anyone would press any limits on a bike they just picked up that day.

Spunky99

(Sportrider.com)

2011 FZ1 1/4 mile: 10.87 @ 128.2

2011 ZX-6R 1/4 Mile: 10.60 @ 131.3

:D Yes, we do say our bike is fast!
While an old 1999 Daytona 955i does it in 10.33 @ 133.......With only a race can and a remap.

DakinechicK

Congrats CC. Hope you enjoy her! Stay safe.

CrazyCawi

Not a knock to CC, ok may just a little :D, but I don't think anyone would press any limits on a bike they just picked up that day.
Wrong. Although it was my first day with it I have full coverage. I will take a picture to point out where they were before I picked her up. No joke. Why would I try to say what I can do when I can't....that's not me.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?qkv5rd

raven6

is that statement based on the pictures he posted of the bike before he picked it up...?? :D

congrats CC, now treat her right and take her to a track-day..

Attachments

CrazyCawi

So far I think the TBR is way to quiet for TBR. I love everything about it but I need different gloves they cut off circulation in my hands because they are shorties gloves. It corners like someone pissed in her wheaties, it drives right down into the corners. I can do 100mph in first gear. I love the gear indicator. New windscreen is on the way, zero gravity double bubble. The tires grip like no other. I learned fast that you should bring her up nice when coming out of the hard leaned corner and have her upright before u goose it. 130mph feels like 80 on the fz. Front brake is retarded powerful And the rear brake is non existent compared to it. I am so happy with it I smiled my whole way to training, and to work. Put on about 100 miles already today on back roads.

She did the wheel striped outside and the mosquitoes got very bad so she rushed the rear tire a bit at the end

Detrich

Josh, u might like the new Spidi Carbo 3's that I just picked up to complete my Rossi look. lol. They will prolly match your gear perfectly. :)

They are tougher to break in than they appear tho- even tougher than my Handroids. My knuckles got tender after 2 consecutive rides with them. But, I think they should soften up soon.

Check it out:

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/spidi-carbo-3-gloves

CDN6R

Congrats there Josh,,, beautiful bike. I hope you had better luck with insurance than I have so far. My insurance company won't insure a 250cc bike that I like because it is called a "Ninja". If it was a CBR there would be no problem. No I do not have a bike ...yet. BTW what year is you Kaw?

Brock Kickass

(Sportrider.com)

2011 FZ1 1/4 mile: 10.87 @ 128.2

2011 ZX-6R 1/4 Mile: 10.60 @ 131.3

:D Yes, we do say our bike is fast!
CC has it right. Notice all he really talked about was the handling. Who the hell drag races sportbikes? I mean, go buy a 1969 Dodge Toboggan with 700hp if you're in to dragging. Besides this, 0-60 is a useless baseline stat the masses can compare. Show me 50-120mph times and you'll actually be telling me something.
That being said, you guys have every right saying your 600s are fast. My FZ1is terrifying fast and a 600SS is pretty much the same pop, and is probably quicker in the twisty stuff. (A good rider can make up .27 sec in the quarter all day long :D)

danieljardim

Congrats there Josh,,, beautiful bike. I hope you had better luck with insurance than I have so far. My insurance company won't insure a 250cc bike that I like because it is called a "Ninja". If it was a CBR there would be no problem. No I do not have a bike ...yet. BTW what year is you Kaw?
Maybe is time to switch insurances.

"ninja"s do carry a expensive badge.

CrazyCawi

Josh, u might like the new Spidi Carbo 3's that I just picked up to complete my Rossi look. lol. They will prolly match your gear perfectly. :)

They are tougher to break in than they appear tho- even tougher than my Handroids. My knuckles got tender after 2 consecutive rides with them. But, I think they should soften up soon.

Check it out:

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/spidi-carbo-3-gloves
Got any used ones willing to spare?

Detrich

lol... i just got them, so not really... :)

but, i looked around for yellow gloves, and these looked the best quality and got the best reviews from both Revzilla and SBTG...

the only gloves in that color that I think are better than these are the Dainese Rossi Replica gloves, but those are $400 for the 2012's and $600 for the $2010's... TOO pricey...

and, yes- I did write to Knox to ask if they are ever going to make the Handroids in florescent yellow. and, they said NO. :lol: