PCV ?'s

Dr. X

Hello All,

I just bought a TB Black Series CF exhaust W/PCV and had a couple questions for those of you that have this setup.

1. Do I "need" block off plates?

2. Are there maps available for our bikes or will I need a custom tune on a Dyno?

Thanks,
Bill

I've never had a problem with popping that much. I would say it's completely up to you. I never bought them and my exhaust sounds nice all the time :).

No....

Yes....

Can't beat a nice tune.

I have the TBE Black series and the PCV and i installed the block off plates, no issues to report so far and the block off plates were a much easier install than i expected. I will be getting a dyno tune come spring for now i'm just figuring out this years Winter MODS

Thanks!

Thanks for the advice. I think I will install the ones listed on ebay (Thanks NastyButler) and try out Marthy's Maps before I have it dyno tuned. Dynoworks is just a few miles from my place, but its $300 for the tune. Looking forward to the new sound though!

- Oh and a shout out to the guy that bought the other FZ6R from Granny's in Sarasota the same day I bought mine... I heard you got the same TB/PCV - did you have Dynoworks tune yours?

Bill

Where do you go to get someone to dyno it? I've been using Marthy's and I guess I haven't really pushed the limit on the "Sport" map, but I haven't noticed a huge difference between that and the "Touring" map.

DR. X your going to love the sound. you can watch all the videos you want but hearing it 1st hand is something else

You can cap the tubes coming out or the engine where the backoff plates would be installed....Saw that when I put on my backoff plates but it was already too late. I already bought the plates. Some plastic caps would work or some plasti-dip.

Where do you go to get someone to dyno it? I've been using Marthy's and I guess I haven't really pushed the limit on the "Sport" map, but I haven't noticed a huge difference between that and the "Touring" map.

Donny at Dynoworks - Home in Sarasota, FL is where I will go if I end up going that route. He is an authorized Dynojet PC Tuner.

Bill

Back