parking spot / garage

latony007

Where do you park your FZ6R? Who has the coolest parking spot? Who leaves their $30,000 car out on the street so their $7000 motorcycle can stay in the garage? :) Thought it would be interesting to see where everyone parks. Here are some shots of my garage. First are what it normally looks like with my two bikes and car. The last one is when I was babysitting my brothers can am for a few months. I admit this one was for a photo op because while I had the can am I actually covered my cruiser and put in behind the garage while the can am and the FZ6R barely fit in the garage with my car.

Attachments

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

latony007

My girl stays in my 3rd car slot of the garage.
ahh 3 car must be nice. Mine is like a 1 and a half car garage lol. I think one would have to be a smart car or one of those little fiats. I guess no one has pictures of their parking lol. come on, Marty and Rabitt must have pictures with exhausts and lights hanging all over the place :D

latony007

here is my garage!
you know im not sure i have ever seen a full shot of your bike like that, its even better looking that i thought. And you must have had the corvette painted by the same people because that color match is too perfect. You even have the fenders painted, why didn't you paint the front one? Nice car, and your garage is about 10x cleaner than mine :mad:

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

latony007

Mine stays in the garage next to the beer fridge
as long as you hit up the fridge AFTER you have come back on the bike, before doesn't usually work out so well.

That would be me, but my SUV has a roof - my bike does not... :)
I used to do that with this older boat I had that's what made me mention it. Cant squeeze in both? park the bike sidesways in front?

So I assume you have not seen the seats? lol well my uncle has a body shop if that explains anything. but I did all the work to the bike he did the car as far as paint is concerned..

Bozman - about the frame sliders I had my dealer order them for me they are from yamaha's catalogue. and I have all the tools and love working on my bike its easy!!! remove faring's cut holes where marked on inside of faring. and then the frame sliders screw in!
those look like regular shogun cut sliders, you can get no cut ones too, just search fz6r sliders. I think my T-rex look the best though :)

those are the ones you got from luimoto? they look great, im curious though you get some kind of check from Monster every month? :D
that make you a Kyle bush fan?
so you did get the exact same paint on the car and the bike, that Is awesome. Sweet set up JT. Looks like my FE kit showed up today so ill be in the garage tonight getting all frustrated im sure lol

Bozman

Thanks for the info...... Hey on the FE kit..... Take their t connecters and toss em out the window. Take the time to use a soldering iorn and shrink wrap. You may have already known this but I thought I'd add it in there. Hate cheesy installs. I like those sliders better than the ones that DON'T cut simply because they are less prone to bending.

latony007

Thanks for the info...... Hey on the FE kit..... Take their t connecters and toss em out the window. Take the time to use a soldering iorn and shrink wrap. You may have already known this but I thought I'd add it in there. Hate cheesy installs. I like those sliders better than the ones that DON'T cut simply because they are less prone to bending.
Thanks for the advise, my neighbor might have an iron I can use. And wasn't aware of that for the sliders, the T-Rex no cut have a huge three hole bracket I don't see them moving anywhere unless the whole engine goes with it. The shoguns look like roller skate wheels to me and fade. Hopefully none of us will ever have to "use" either of them :D

Bozman

Probably didn't do the proper research on the t rex ones. Thanks for the heads up!!! And yeah you can be all cheesy about it and save 20 minutes or do it right. Good luck!

echoplex

My ****ty stupid apartment garages are soooo tiny this is how I used to park my 250 and my car.

And any time I needed to take my car out, I would have to pull out the bike, then pull the car out, and then pull the bike in and close the garage. And when I needed to get it back to normal, I would take the bike out, pull the car in, and then maneuver the bike in so they both fit. Such a pain in the ***.

Especially because my garage is at a incline that goes up, so I would have to push the bike a tad bit uphill backwards.

I couldn't do that with my FZ. So I just put my FZ in the garage. And one of my friends had troubles with his garage so the apartment complex gave him a key to manually open his garage. And the thing about the key is...that it works on every single garage on the complex, lmao. Yep, all 60 of them.

So theres this empty garage next to mine that no ones using that I store my car in and I store the bike in my own personal garage. Figured they'd have a hard time taking a car out than they would a bike. :p

JonKerr

Elite Member

latony007

So theres this empty garage next to mine that no ones using that I store my car in and I store the bike in my own personal garage. Figured they'd have a hard time taking a car out than they would a bike. :p
Nice, ride the wave as long as it lasts, whats the worst that can happen they say stop? i try and pull my car over so far i can barely open my door and then i can get the back bike past the front bike just barely, otherwise i have to play that switch game too.
In my garage. Usually Kristen's car (blue 350z) is parked on the right side usually.

another ridiculously clean garage. You guys make me feel like a slob, of course i have a tiny house so more has to go in the garage.

Well that wont be a problem since i just got home and the kit has no connectors, instructions, or bolts or nuts. Im assuming you use the ones that attached the fender. im in trouble already. gonna try and hit up youtube if i can get it in the garage.

Detrich

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member