Ohh Dear , what to do ????

H

Humperdinkel

Ive never been one to fuss over R1's until now :thumbup:....The 09 model is just so so sweet and this vid with the TB's makes me :drool: :drool: , could my FZ6's days be numbered :eek: :eek: , probably not but gee i'd love to have both :D

[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuyUWHozAvM&feature=related[/nomedia]

C

Chris

Dude.. Seriously, if you have the means to get an R1, DO IT! If not for you, then do it for me! :p That new R1 is just sick..

I like the akrapovic cans better though!:Flash:

H

Humperdinkel

Dude.. Seriously, if you have the means to get an R1, DO IT! If not for you, then do it for me! :p That new R1 is just sick..

I like the akrapovic cans better though!:Flash:
Thanks mate , i'll use that as ammo for the wife :thumbup: When she asks why i need to bikes i'll just tell her im doing it for my mate Chris :D

R

Red Wazp

One can't justify having more than one bike so get over the guilt and just do it because you want to. Once you remove the guilt, problem solved. Now you have 2 bikes. Tell her it's cheaper than owning four bikes.
Or she could ride the FZ while you ride thr R1.

N

necrotimus

You going to buy that little room to drive around in too? :thumbup: I don't think it will sound quite like that on the road... lol but still :Flash:

Y

Yatz86

yeap I also like the new R109=)

if u have the means to get it, den go get it=)

wrightme43

Admin of Socks & Puppets
I would ride the hell out of it too.

Awesome bike.

H

Humperdinkel

Soooooo.... Did you order the R1 yet?:D:p
:D not yet but i did go down to TopGun Yamaha to find out whats sort of a trade i could get , got there to late this afternoon and there assessor had already gone home :(.....But ive got tomorrow off soooooo watch this space :rockon:....They have this one on the floor ready to roll $19990 + orc, so im guessing around the $21500 mark ride away...........

Attachments

Wolfman

Keep the FZ6 and turn it into a track bike...after a few rides on the R1, the FZ6 will seem like it has the power of a 250!

:rockon:

H

Humperdinkel

Keep the FZ6 and turn it into a track bike...after a few rides on the R1, the FZ6 will seem like it has the power of a 250!

:rockon:
That thought is planted in the back of my melon dont you worry bout that :D , i dont think i could bring myself to get rid of my baby but making an addition sounds good just got to get around the "handbrake" LOL

O

ozzieboy

LOL. I'd go the other way and use the R1 as a track bike. My license's chance of survival otherwise would be about that of an ice cream dog chasing an asbestos cat through hell.

They do look and sound sweet, but after sampling the "push up" riding position on our local roads I would definitely give my survival better odds on the FZ6.

You can see better, you can see over top of other vehicles and in certain situations cagers can see your helmet over the top of other cars.

But what a track bike:rockon:.

C

Chris

:D not yet but i did go down to TopGun Yamaha to find out whats sort of a trade i could get , got there to late this afternoon and there assessor had already gone home :(.....But ive got tomorrow off soooooo watch this space :rockon:....They have this one on the floor ready to roll $19990 + orc, so im guessing around the $21500 mark ride away...........
Is that a good deal?:confused: GET IT ANYWAY! :rockon:

Wavex

The R1 is awesome for the track, but I don't think I could ride it all day like I could the FZ6 or the Buell... 1 hour on that thing and I'd be dying! If you are craving more power, I`d actually get a used track R1 and keep the FZ for the streets... putting the R1 on the streets and making your FZ a track bike seems counter intuitive to me :)

But we all know getting a bike is not a rational decision, so let us know what you end up doing!

C

Chris

I have very long arms so personally I find the position on the R1 very comfortable as I don't have to lean too much to reach the bars, but I can see how it would be very tiring for someone who's a little shorter with "regular" arms. :p I would get it if insurance wasn't so fooking expensive! 50000 NOK/ 7900 USD a year is just too much:/

Wavex

:rof: That's the first time I hear someone say that the R1 ergos are "very comfortable"...