PZRacing Gear Indicators! Made in Italy!

Another great high quality product line brought to FZ6R-Forum members at a great price by your resident vendor!

Unlike other indicators on the market these gear indicators are all made in Italy and feature an LCD backlit display with 6 interchangeable colors to choose from.

Geartronic (Fits Yamaha FZ6 / FZ6R) - $100 USD Shipped to USA & Canada

GearTronic is a digital gear indicator which is completely run by microprocessors, showing the correct gear almost immediately. Easy to install on any kind of motorcycle, complete with instructions for installation on the most common motorcycles in circulation. GearTronic has an LCD display with 6 different backlight: RED, GREEN, ORANGE, VIOLET, LIGHT BLUE, BLUE. The revolutionary LCD display shows the gear in use even under direct sunlight, unlike other led display gear indicators available on the market.

Water resistant, shock-proof and scratch-proof casing with a 20mm high quality LCD display. You are able to select from 6 different colors of backlight as seen in the picture above.

This is a universal unit, you will have to follow the instructions provided, some splicing will be required. Compatible with Yamaha FZ6 motorcycles, along with many others. If your application is another motorcycle please send me a PM to ensure this is the right one for your model.

Included in the box are:

- Universal Gear indicator
- User manual
- High strength velcro
- PZ Racing Sticker

-----------------------------------------

Geartronic2 (Fits Yamaha FZ6 / FZ6R) - $127 USD Shipped to USA & Canada

GearTronic2 is a digital gear & shift light indicator which is completely run by microprocessors, showing the correct gear almost immediately. Easy to install on any kind of motorcycle, complete with instructions for installation on the most common motorcycles in circulation. Enables the rider to reach 5 different levels of engine revs and the levels of intervention can be decided directly by the rider. GearTronic2 is the fastest aftermarket gear indicator. GearTronic2 has an LCD display with 6 different backlight: RED, GREEN, ORANGE, VIOLET, LIGHT BLUE, BLUE.

Water resistant, shock-proof and scratch-proof casing with a 25X22mm high quality LCD display. You are able to select from 6 different colors of backlight as seen in the picture above.

This is a universal unit, you will have to follow the instructions provided, some splicing will be required. Compatible with Yamaha FZ6 motorcycles, along with many others. If your application is another motorcycle please send me a PM to ensure this is the right one for your model.

Included in the box are:

- Universal Gear indicator with shift light
- User manual
- High strength velcro
- PZ Racing Sticker

---------------------------

Here is a video of a GearTronic indicator in action on an '09 R6​

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S4zGAqFhF0]PZ RACING GEARTRONIC[/ame]

GearTronic2 in action on a Kawasaki Z750​

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOnMQS5-Jvo]z750 contamarce pzracing - YouTube[/ame]

INSTALLATION HOW TO for GEARTRONIC2 on a Yamaha R6, FZ6 installation is almost exactly the same, except the colors to splice into are different (the correct colors for the FZ6's are included in the manual with the unit) : Install: PZRacing GearTronic2 on '09 R6 : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

Do not hesitate to contact me with any questions you might have!

Last edited:

Detrich

Wow, nifty....

frelay

I have this one Buy Now: Gear Indicator X-Type for Motorcycles from GIpro GPX | Pashnit Moto

I chose the one with the green display. That is right, you can not see it in direct sunlight. When that happens, I have to put my hand over it in order to be able to see the LED display... Not very practical!

On the other side, the GIPRO indicator is less bulky than the other ones.

Note that in this picture, it's turned off.

Attachments

Yup, LED's don't show up under sunlight, but all PZRacing indicators have an LCD screen which is legible under the harshest sunlight. For those who don't want a big display GearTronic is one of the best options out there.

All of the PZRacing units are made in Italy as well, unlike other indicators which are made in China.

Last edited:
S

SkyOrDie

All of the available gear indicators are thick with a big wire hanging out. I wish someone made a flush mount one, one where you cut a hole in your dash and drop it in. That would be a clean install with no bulky case or wire showing. Just wishing.

-Stan

All of the available gear indicators are thick with a big wire hanging out. I wish someone made a flush mount one, one where you cut a hole in your dash and drop it in. That would be a clean install with no bulky case or wire showing. Just wishing.

-Stan
That is wishful thinking for the time being. The cost of making it compact would be quite high at this point of time that, I doubt there would be a real market for it. You can always make a bracket off one of your headlight bolts and place it there, it ends up being a very clean install.

Chucker

-Stan
The wire on the GearTronic2 comes out the back. You could drill a small hole and mount it directly with no visible wire.

S

SkyOrDie

Oh! The wire being out the back is half the battle. The guts don't need to be more compact, just rearranged. Think of a drop-in sink. A flush-mount screen would look much better than the thick box.

-Stan

nsrider

Has anybody installed one of these on a 6R? The wire colors shown on the R6 write up do not match what is on my bike.
Anyone have a FZ6R wiring diagram that can tell me what wire's to connect to?

Has anybody installed one of these on a 6R? The wire colors shown on the R6 write up do not match what is on my bike.
Anyone have a FZ6R wiring diagram that can tell me what wire's to connect to?
The instructions manual that comes with the unit has the color chart for the 6R

richierich781

I have the GIPro X type, which IMO is the easiest to install out of all the indicators mentioned in this post, no program wire, just straight plug n play and two wires to splice. easy to program, and no lag when switching gears.

Has anyone actually installed one of these? Has the manual/installation instructions for the FZ6R been found?
All units come with manuals which have instructions for all FZ6R models.

There are now plug and play models available as well, which requires 0 splicing.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

mrbacardi

All units come with manuals which have instructions for all FZ6R models.

There are now plug and play models available as well, which requires 0 splicing.
On the PZ website for the gearTronic indicators, it doesn't specifically say whether the FZ6R is compatible. Are you for sure certain that they are compatible? Are the instructions specific to the 2009 Yamaha FZ6R? Is it possible for you to scan these instructions and send them over?

Is there any physical different between the gearTronic Zero and the gearTronic other than the plug-n-play ability?

mrbacardi

I have the GIPro X type, which IMO is the easiest to install out of all the indicators mentioned in this post, no program wire, just straight plug n play and two wires to splice. easy to program, and no lag when switching gears.
A poster on the first page has this gear indicator and said that it can't be read in direct sunlight. I'm leaning more towards the gearTronic based on reviews and such. But I just can't seem to find anyone who's actually installed one on their FZ6R.