OD Green Spray Paint Job

SDGunfighter

So I got this bike part of a trade and it had decent Raven paint to it. However the fuel tank was bubbling a bit as well as some areas on the fairings.

So I figured why not sand everything down really good, prep, prime, and paint it all my favorite color,flat OD green. AKA military green, olive, etc.

I took this picture about a week ago. As of last night I installed ZX6R mirrors, red wheel stripes, as lowered the front 1 3/4"

I'm not going to lie I absolutely love the look of this bike! It's the perfect all around bike!

***Updated Pictures***

Last edited:
Reactions: JT

ylwf3vr

ylwf3vr

Very nice! probably make it pretty unique!

BrockGrimes

Did you use fusion or similar plastic paint on the plastics and a different on the metal parts?
Also they make a flat clear for extra protection.

Bert-Aus

Looks good, well done.

You may want to reconsider how far you have lowered your front end though,
most who have lowered front end have said not to lower further than 1", use search tool for more reading

Ravinx

did you rattle can it, or paint booth it at a shop.
I am going to add some color my self. I will be rattle canning it :jerk:

SDGunfighter

Did you use fusion or similar plastic paint on the plastics and a different on the metal parts?
Also they make a flat clear for extra protection.
Just some auto primer, and krylon flat spray paint, than finished off with matte clear. It's all about prep really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SDGunfighter

Looks good, well done.

You may want to reconsider how far you have lowered your front end though,
most who have lowered front end have said not to lower further than 1", use search tool for more reading
I'll do that. I did search a bit and heard people say 2" max but I think that post was years ago so I will have to look at that again.

SDGunfighter

did you rattle can it, or paint booth it at a shop.
I am going to add some color my self. I will be rattle canning it :jerk:
Absolutely rattle canned lol. A lot of people hate on rattle can jobs but really as long as it's prepped right and finished right it can look good too. Plus flat is harder to mess up anyhow haha.

I love painting actually I even custom paint firearms so naturally I had to paint this to match ME.