Noise when slowing down

clifford_05

Ever since Ive had my bike with the zero miles off the sales floor ive noticed a slight odd noise when Im slowing down mostly to a stop. like im not sure how to descirbe the sound but ive curious what it is. kinda like a small whinin noise of some kind. it doesnt effect anything at all like performance, the brakes are great just a noise is all. so was wondering if this was normal if there was somethin goin on that i dont know about. and if im rollin slowly at like 2-35 mphs is when i really hear it. and if i give it any throttle at all the noise stops. any info would be great

flyingminno

If you are braking when you hear it, it most likely the noise of the pads against rotors. It is normal for motorcycles and nothing to worry about if that is the case.

MikeN02

If you are braking when you hear it, it most likely the noise of the pads against rotors. It is normal for motorcycles and nothing to worry about if that is the case.
Ever since Ive had my bike with the zero miles off the sales floor ive noticed a slight odd noise when Im slowing down mostly to a stop. like im not sure how to descirbe the sound but ive curious what it is. kinda like a small whinin noise of some kind. it doesnt effect anything at all like performance, the brakes are great just a noise is all. so was wondering if this was normal if there was somethin goin on that i dont know about. and if im rollin slowly at like 2-35 mphs is when i really hear it. and if i give it any throttle at all the noise stops. any info would be great
All leads to the windscreen, he mentioned the brakes already and how he notices its just a noise. Now you don't brake while accelerating 2 - 35mphs would you? :D

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

FitZ6R

if im rollin slowly at like 2-35 mphs is when i really hear it. and if i give it any throttle at all the noise stops. any info would be great
I think you're hearing the chain noise that a lot of people have commented on.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
This bike does have a lot of "normal" noises. So I would say that if you are hearing a noise and nothing smells funny, is falling off or smoking, then chances are it's one of our "normal" noises and is nothing to worry about. :thumbup:

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JnT4Life

Here's what you do... Go rent a Harley touring model and ride it for a couple of hours. Then get back on your FZ6R......... you will no longer complain about vibrations and noises. :eek::D

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

clifford_05

Thanks everyone for the info. Like I said the noise has always been there but nothing at all is effected by it. So like most of you said its prolly breakin in noise and will prolly go away at some point. Just wanted to make sure it wasnt anything goin bad that I didnt know. But I ride almost everyday and esp if the weather allows me, haha and everything is sound as a pound so Im not worried. Just tryin to double check is all. Thanks everyone.