New member welcome thread

2w05thletes

Ello ello! I'm Justin from Edmond OK, a suburb of OKC. Pleasure to meet you all. I started riding when I was younger then joined the USAF. Didn't ride for a while. After getting out decided I wanted to begin riding again...much to the dismay of my wife. I purchased an 09 model with 3G on it. Have since put 2G on it in 2 months. I ride just about everyday for 3-5 hours. I work off of my bike. Speaking of which...great bike, I couldn't be happier that I choose this over a true sport bike.

This is a great community with a ton of great information. I look forward to sharing with you what I know as I take in what all of you know. Hope to see you out there soon. If you're in the OKC area, PM me, I'd love to ride with you.

Justin

WarEagle07

Ello ello! I'm Justin from Edmond OK, a suburb of OKC. Pleasure to meet you all. I started riding when I was younger then joined the USAF. Didn't ride for a while. After getting out decided I wanted to begin riding again...much to the dismay of my wife. I purchased an 09 model with 3G on it. Have since put 2G on it in 2 months. I ride just about everyday for 3-5 hours. I work off of my bike. Speaking of which...great bike, I couldn't be happier that I choose this over a true sport bike.

This is a great community with a ton of great information. I look forward to sharing with you what I know as I take in what all of you know. Hope to see you out there soon. If you're in the OKC area, PM me, I'd love to ride with you.

Justin
Welcome!! You will love it here

WhiteLightening

My turn

Hi, Deborah here - Joined this forum after buying my third and favorite bike ever, the beautiful white FZ6R. Currently live in Los Gatos, CA. Originally from Monterey, CA where I was born and raised.

I took the MSF course about three years ago after realizing that I liked riding a lot, but would prefer not to be the passenger anymore. It was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

I started with a Suzuki Blvd. SL40, then on to an '07 Ninja 650. So I started with one cylinder, then moved to two cylinders and now I have four. I finally have the perfect bike for me. Oh and I should mention that I'm 5'1" and since I am horizontally challenged, a bike that wouldn't need to be lowered was preferred. I still can't flat foot, but don't really need to unless it's a park job that requires more skill than I have. In those instances, I just turn it off while it's in neutral and walk it to it's spot.

I ride mostly with my husband, but ride to and from work and most anywhere else if it isn't raining outside. We are lucky enough to live in Northern California where there are so many wonderful roads, have wonderful scenery and share the same love of riding with so many others.

It's nice to be part of the motorcycle-riding family. Looking foward to hearing from you. Keep smiling for miles!

FZ6sherider

love my new FZ6R

Have had my new FZ for about two weeks now and lovin' every minute I get to ride! My wonderful husband gave me a 2007 Ninja 250 for Mother's Day three years ago and while I loved my baby ninja I was ready for the upgrade. I test drove a used FZ6 last summer, but couldn't afford it at that time and I've been dying to have one ever since. I finally took the plunge and sold my Ninja to a gal pal who wants to take up riding and then found my spankin' new '09 Pearl White FZ6R at dealership (for not much more than the price of the '05 last summer)...and refused to leave it there.

I live in West Virginia and I am a Financial Systems Coordinator in the health care field. I travel a great deal around the state for work so I'm luggage shopping! Would love to take the bike for work trips! Would make the drive highly enjoyable!

Jen:thumbup:

JSP

Super Moderator
Welcome! Seems we are getting lots of new FZ6R owners lately! Very cool It is a great bike! You will love the bike AND the forum. Awesome people here that are a great help. We are like one big family. ;)

Steviet

Hi everyone, another new fz6r owner here. Just picked it up today, so I'm going to take a little time to get used to it. This is my first street bike after being on dirt for many years. Took the MSF course last week and bought the bike last weekend.

I've picked up a lot of good info from this site, hope I can also contribute some as time goes on, so thanks to all the experienced people for posting useful info/experiences. Got all my gear except for pants, ordered them but haven't arrived yet, hopefully soon then I should be totally set, except for a backpack or tail bag, haven't decided which route to go yet.

Ride safe.

Steve

Fogride

New FZ6R owner.

Hi, I'm the proud owner of a new FZ6R. I found this site while looking for advice on accessories necessary for any new bike. Looks like I found the right place. I look forward to learning the good, the bad and the ugly so I won't make so many expensive mistakes. I can't wait for 600 miles so I can get it on the hiway. 442 miles down and 158 to go.
I guess I'll need a lot of new personal gear and motorcycle upgrades and I will be looking for options here.
Fogride

Sage

Hey there everybody, Sage here.
Just got my FZ6R about a month ago and already put a nice 1400 miles on it =D. I'm from west-central illinois and have been riding for about 3 years and this is my second bike after my vstar650 :)

Well this looks like a great place to talk and hopefully i get some great advice on upgrades for the bike

-Ryan

evoxix

Hello all,

I bought a 09 Black FZ6R last week and love every minute of riding it! Even if I don't ride it, I got sit on it pretty much every day! Haha.
Btw I'm from Calgary AB Canada.

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

JSP

Super Moderator
Welcome and congrats! You'll find there is a lot of information and are a number of pretty chap ways to clean up the looks of the bike. But PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) is the priority IMO. Good helmet, armored jacket, gloves, boots, and good pants with some kind of added protection. Then go ahead with upgrades to the bike.
+1 !

Welcome!

ZigsFZ6R

Hey everyone,
My name is Chris, I'm a 2nd year pharmacy student at UIC, and I just got an 09 FZ6R in yellow with 7 miles on it. I'm from Chicago, IL and this is my first bike. I never knew riding was this much fun :thumbup:

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Mister Ed

Hi All,

New to the site - Have been reading different topics past few days.

I'm located in Australia and looking to purchase a FZ6R in the next few weeks. New to riding and this will be my first bike (Still trying to find out specifically what the restriction over here means for us...IE - is it a simple physical throttle restriction or if its more..have seen a few posts but nothing that actually confirms it).

PS - I'll be coming to the USA in November for some time...Has been my dream to go over for some time :D

My name is Chris by the way :)

lwayne58

Newbie Small (and fast) Bike Rider

Hello - Larry Wayne from Kitchener Ontario. Been riding mostly cruisers off and on for over 40 years. Bought my first "sport" type bike last month and love it. Nothing like the performance and maneuverability available when not lugging around a few hundred pounds of chrome. Kept my Vulcan 1600 just in case, but now wish I'd traded it in.

The FZ6R is a blast!

Best,

Larry

CDN6R

Hey Larry,Glad to see another CDN here. My last cruiser was 750 Virago back in 81 and although a nice bike it wasn't me. So in 82 I purchased my first Sport Bike,a RD350 LC :D. WOW what a great bike,loved the handling have had sport bikes ever since. Wlecome to the forum. Laurie.

Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Welcome! We are GROOOOWING :D

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
:welcome::welcome::welcome:

I hope everyone is enjoying our growing community. As always, there are tons of great information and people on this forum! This is by far my favorite of all the forums I frequent! :steve:

Welcome! We are GROOOOWING :D
Our little forum is growing up so fast! :hug:

JSP

Super Moderator
:welcome::welcome::welcome:

I hope everyone is enjoying our growing community. As always, there are tons of great information and people on this forum! This is by far my favorite of all the forums I frequent! :steve:

Our little forum is growing up so fast! :hug:
I'm so proud! :D