new Honda CBR 650

EsrTek

Been looking at tons of bikes and options, since I need a new one.
At this time the main reason an 6r is not an option is due to ABS, so this having that might just get my money!
However, I don't want to wait around w/o a bike either...never know when this will hit.
I'm also waiting on the Yami new 250!!

latony007

At this time the main reason an 6r is not an option is due to ABS, so this having that might just get my money!
However, I don't want to wait around w/o a bike either...never know when this will hit.
Get the Ninja 650 they have ABS, i wish the FZ6R did too. And really the two are very close in performance. Plus you can get a great deal on a 12 or 13, they wont be dealing on these hondas when they come out. Plus it said they were going to be for europe only at first, someone said the faired model was coming to US but i missed that in the article. So i guess that means the Brits will get a new honda 650 but have the power cut back to 250 level lol.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

latony007

Hey wait is Yamaha coming out with a ninja 250 competitor? Not that i would ever want one but at least we would be able to say we have a mid sized yamaha instead of the smallest lol

Edit: i just looked it up R25, no headlight, mirrors or passenger seat? i didnt realize you could have a non track bike without a headlight, maybe they just arent done yet. Also indicates not sure if it will go into production. Also says Honda coming out with a 300 soon.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/650/17469/Motorcycle-Article/Entry-level-Yamaha-R25-Concept-First-Look.aspx

Last edited:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Fizzer6R

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member
Last edited:

Bert-Aus

IMO the only thing that bike offers as a point of difference is the swing arm
everything else is a very similar (not identical but pretty close)

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

VRIIClubby

still perplexed why when price comes up people compare sports tourers with SS? It has no zero relevance! If you are honestly looking at the 6R then your not looking for a SS, so the price point of that segment means diddly squat!

As for the price point, no doubt it will be a little more expensive than the 6R, it is after all a BRAND NEW BIKE, its not 5 years old like the 6R, and as far as I can read its not a 12 year old motor in it, so big difference's right there.
power is way up on the 6R aswell - 6R OEM is 68hp.massive! this is 85hp. just a wee bit of a difference there!

styling wise it looks near identical to the 6R to the normal observer. (some 70% of buyers are NOT enthusiasts). So wont tell the difference right up!
Imitation is the best form of flattery they say, so kudos to Yamaha for getting it so right as early as they did.

I like it, ALOT, not sure about the dash though, also looks to have clip-ons and not a handlebar setup, I would have more than likely purchased this over the my 6R had it been available then.

but i'm guessing when it hits Aus it will be limited through the computer being a 649cc to bring it under the 150kw/tonne rule we have. So I may have chosen the yammy as it was a lot easier to derestrict when on your full licence.

Don't get me wrong, I love my 6R and love it even more times a million since I did all the mods, but I love my Hondas and that in full repsol colors with a number 27 on the front without it being a SS would of been a wet dream for me.

engineered2win

i can't see my self riding anything heavier than what i won right now.... my fz6r is a cow... and hard for me to get out of situations like a flat parking space if i have to back out....
Woah try some capitalization and lay off the periods.

The CBR650F weighs marginally less than the 6R and it has ABS, so I don't know where you're getting your figures. The wet weight from the Honda website says 461lbs. Ours is 468lbs.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member
Last edited:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

StephenA

I feel like most of Honda's products are a bit over priced, but they do make some good bikes. They seem to run forever. I would love to see that non faired model here in the US. Looks very nice:D