new Honda CBR 650

Brock Kickass

I feel like most of Honda's products are a bit over priced, but they do make some good bikes. They seem to run forever. I would love to see that non faired model here in the US. Looks very nice:D

Agreed; most Hondas seem to stack up a bit more expensive than comparable models from other brands. I think the Honda is a nicer looking and nicer featured package overall than the 6R, but the Honda is a brand new design. The 6R is getting a bit dated.

Yamaha really tends to hold on to models for a long run, so a refresh may not be in the cards for 2015. I think, however, that the updated 6R will have the refinements and features to make it stack up a bit better against that Honda, and can almost guarantee it will be less money. I really wish Yamaha would update their stock signals. That would go a long way to making all Yamaha bikes look more stylish right out of the box.

I really like that 650, especially in naked trim, but I just don't see the value in Hondas. Yamahas are built just as well, last just as long, and cost less.

Fizzer6R

I'd bet that if Yami was the top 4 jap dog instead of honda, they might charge more as well

Brock Kickass

Yamaha is like Honda's hipster cousin; similar quality and features but just missing that mainstream brand appeal. Maybe hipster is a bad analogy. That whole deal seems very mainstream right now, even though the whole premise is to not be mainstream. Anyway, Yamaha is just the Honda that cagers have never heard of.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

StephenA

idk, the more that I look at the cbr, the more I'm liking it. I'm just waiting for someone to get it and film it. More importantly, a comparison video of the 6r and the cbr. :D

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Fizzer6R

idk, the more that I look at the cbr, the more I'm liking it. I'm just waiting for someone to get it and film it. More importantly, a comparison video of the 6r and the cbr. :D
see these yet?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJoTxSjzBOg]2014 Honda CBR650F Walkaround - 2013 EICMA Milan Motorcycle Exibition - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sTpQtaWWDQ]New 2014 Honda CBR650F - YouTube[/ame]

StephenA

You may be waiting a while. Not releasing in the US anytime soon from what I understand. Supposed to release in Europe first.
Yea, I realize that but I'm not in the market for a new bike just yet, so I still have time to see what unfolds. I've been watching the videos so far from Europe and I'm digging it. :D

Fizzer6R

You may be waiting a while. Not releasing in the US anytime soon from what I understand. Supposed to release in Europe first.
where is this coming from? all articles online say US Availability: Summer

apparently Honda sales increasing, as they just announced opening a fourth manufacturing plant in India 2015

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Bert-Aus

see these yet?
those hollow triple trees look pretty,
interesting how they integrated the grab bar into the rear cowlings too, although doesn't allow for tying anything down though (bags ets)

EsrTek

Ok think I'm sold on that Honda...even though I planned on buyin used.
When I get my taxes I think I will find out when they come in and if I can pre-order one!!

Fizzer6R

Ok think I'm sold on that Honda...even though I planned on buyin used.
When I get my taxes I think I will find out when they come in and if I can pre-order one!!
awesome! what color? surprised honda did the blue. do you use Sloans in Murfreesboro? I knew a salesman there years ago

frankdevans

Honda FZ6R

I keep seeing people say things to the effect of "the CBR650F looks kind of like the FZ6R". No, it doesn't kind of look like the FZ6R, it IS the FZ6R almost exactly. Almost like it's a perfect rip off (except for the Kawazaki 650R rear fork, and an extra grand on the MSRP).

Look at the sharp angle in the leading edge midway down the fairing. Honda does not make another bike with that kind of angle shape--that's a Yamaha thing. All of Honda's fairings are smooth curves through there, every single bike they make except magically this one that competes with the FZ6R.

Look at the exhaust, Honda does not make another bike with the under-carriage exhaust. All their other sport bikes have either the old-school cheap right-side cannon style, or the peaking out from under GSX-R style.

Lastly, look at the fairing right in front of the handlebars. Yamaha has the flat shelf where there is a sharp nearly 90 degree angle (where the faux intake is on the FZ6R), so does the new Honda. Yet, none of their other bikes have this design, all other Honda sports and supersports have smooth transitions in that part of the fairing.

I don't dislike Honda in the least, I owned one for 4 years and it was a fantastic bike. But this one, other than mild changes to the handlebars and rear fork--it is a perfect design rip off of the FZ6R.

That being said, it looks like a great replacement for the F4i, and a much better light sport than the CBR500R, and I would not mind owning one for a second--except I just can't deny the allure of the tuning fork.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Fizzer6R

I keep seeing people say things to the effect of "the CBR650F looks kind of like the FZ6R". No, it doesn't kind of look like the FZ6R, it IS the FZ6R almost exactly. Almost like it's a perfect rip off (except for the Kawazaki 650R rear fork, and an extra grand on the MSRP).

Look at the sharp angle in the leading edge midway down the fairing. Honda does not make another bike with that kind of angle shape--that's a Yamaha thing. All of Honda's fairings are smooth curves through there, every single bike they make except magically this one that competes with the FZ6R.

Look at the exhaust, Honda does not make another bike with the under-carriage exhaust. All their other sport bikes have either the old-school cheap right-side cannon style, or the peaking out from under GSX-R style.

Lastly, look at the fairing right in front of the handlebars. Yamaha has the flat shelf where there is a sharp nearly 90 degree angle (where the faux intake is on the FZ6R), so does the new Honda. Yet, none of their other bikes have this design, all other Honda sports and supersports have smooth transitions in that part of the fairing.

I don't dislike Honda in the least, I owned one for 4 years and it was a fantastic bike. But this one, other than mild changes to the handlebars and rear fork--it is a perfect design rip off of the FZ6R.

That being said, it looks like a great replacement for the F4i, and a much better light sport than the CBR500R, and I would not mind owning one for a second--except I just can't deny the allure of the tuning fork.
did honda look at the FZ6R when designing this bike, absolutely. they would be foolish not to check out what their competition is. all manufactures do this with all makes/models.

to your eye you say it is an almost exactly copy, while to many others, we can point to some similarities and that's it. you could just as easy say, the rims are different, the frame is dif., the swingarm is dif., honda has a nice see thru lower fairing to show the header pipes going down to the cat., honda top triple tree and instru.cluster give you an idea why the MSRP is more. could go on and on.

just because a bike has under-carriage exhaust it's a yami copy? look at the CBR1000