new Honda CBR 650

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member
That is definitely what i saw yesterday on my way to work. Said CBR but didnt look like a 1k or 600. Sweet!

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

FastFreddy

They are definitely going after the FZ6R style with the steel twin spar frame and shifting the power curve to match road speeds and normal seats. Their previous model to this had an aluminium backbone frame and 100 HP.

The Honda does looks good in those photos.

I must be getting addicted to this bike stuff, I'm getting fantasies of building a big bike shed.

Fizzer6R

stopped by dealer today and finally saw one in person, was matte black. the lower fairing cut out showing the pipes looks great!

also saw the tri-color CBR500, good looking bike too

catdoc

I'd be willing to bet it's at the crank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
This thread is quite old now, but I am surprised nobody has updated the engine comparisons. The CBR650 is about 10hp up on the FZ from all the dyno's I have seen. It should be as it has an extra 50cc's. Here is a graph of the hp and torque. I still ended up with a "13 FZ as I read the 650f has issues with vibration(surprising for a Honda) and the cost was still too high when I could buy a new leftover '13 FZ for 5800 OTD vs 7200 for a '14 CBR650f...

Attachments

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Jimmyjojo

Had a good look at the 650F today. Much nicer than the 6R. It's almost like looking at the the next gen 6R. It looked nothing like any of the other honda's so there is no doubt Honda had a 6R poster on the walls when designing it.

The CBR is 1k more than the 6R here in AUS and I would pay the difference. ABS with modern and more premium looks is worth it if you have it. It looks bigger too. The only down side is the handle bars, they should have put a bar instead of clip on's, so I doesn't really fall into the sport touring category like the 6R does.

Also, sounds like the looks don't match the ride. Not often I read a review of a new model bike that doesn't make me want it more....

2015 Honda CBR650F review - Common Tread - RevZilla

Last edited:

SoE_cRaTeS

I know its an old thread but I had the opportunity to see and sit on the the CBR650F and I have to say it has a really great feel to it. Not to mention it's a really good looking bike. Very updated for what it is. It definitely makes my the FZ6R look dated..