need smartphone mount and charger for bike

StormCrow

Hello all,

I want to be able to use the gps on my Nexus 4 while I'm riding. I believe I need some kind of mount and a special charger. Could anyone reference me to some mods for my Yamaha 2009 FZ6R?

Thanks! :zombie:

Hello all,

I want to be able to use the gps on my Nexus 4 while I'm riding. I believe I need some kind of mount and a special charger. Could anyone reference me to some mods for my Yamaha 2009 FZ6R?

Thanks! :zombie:

I use the LifeProof case and bar mount. And the car charger for it.

http://www.600cc.org/forum/f91/how-install-powerlet-12-v-handlebar-outlet-29951/

I bought into the idea that Powerlet was the way to go but it is a more expensive one. Less chance of weather/vibration messing with the circuit. The oultet I got comes with a spring loaded cap also.

I use a RAM mount Aquabox with the short arm.

There is also a harness for solely a micro USB connector but having the outlet and the different cables is better I think. Can use the outlet for heated gear, battery tender, and micro USB things(GPS/Phone)

Last edited:
I use the LifeProof case and bar mount. And the car charger for it.

Did you get your Torc yet? you wont need that mount soon!

I use this USB charger that plugs into the battery tender cable under the passenger seat. I just leave my phone there and Bluetooth everything to my helmet, GPS most importantly and music and phone too. Also seems safer than trying to look or mess around with the screen on your bars but that's just my opinion.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/SAE-USB-Adapter-Motorcycle-Charger/dp/B007VFFQRE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381445225&sr=8-1&keywords=usb+sae]Amazon.com: SAE to USB Adapter - Motorcycle Cell Phone Charger: Cell Phones & Accessories[/ame]

This is a great helmet for the price, 2 friends wound up buying them too. Intercom the only thing doesn't work to good.
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/VCAN-Blinc-136-Helmet-X-Large/dp/B003R7JSXS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381445249&sr=8-1&keywords=vcan+136]Amazon.com: VCAN Blinc 136 Full Face Helmet (Gloss Black, X-Large): Automotive[/ame]

RAM Sealed Enclosure Medium/Wide Size AQUA BOX®

the aquabox does, you cut out a pre shaped hole through the back of the case where the wire goes through some channels(to prevent water from getting in the way the cable is). Then the back mounting plate is screwed on so the wire is secured under the plate. I RTVed the holes and the circumference of the plate to prevent any possible water getting in.

If you're gonna do a mod with a usb charger. Might wanna hook one of these up.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Sea-Dual-Charger-Socket/dp/B0082CXEI8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381448511&sr=8-1&keywords=outdoor+usb+port]Amazon.com: Blue Sea Dual USB Charger Socket - 2 USB Ports w/Watertight Cap: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

So with the microUSB port being at the bottom of the phone and the hole for the connector in the back of the Aquabox, doesnt that cause problems with the phone fitting in there?

Your're correct if you have a S4 like me(the phone is too long to be plugged in at the same time, even with the med/wide box). I don't know about other phones. But If I'm using it to charge my phone I keep my phone zipped up in my jacket. Primarily I have my GPS plugged in in the case and it fits fine. The GPS has no data charge so I use that primarily. If I'm in a crunch and need to use my phone, odds are I'm going somewhere within an hour->don't need to charge it.

But the hole is in the back, the cable in my box comes in, wraps around the bottom(under the foam inserts) and comes up long the side of the case.

I've got a RAM mount (I believe it is at least) that I don't need.. I'll post pics tonight

I'll also post on sale thread

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 26

x3 for the ram x grip. Just put one on mine and looks pretty good. Haven't had a chance to use it yet, but think it'll be fine.
6ygypery.jpg
8a7u4y9y.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Back