I'm movin on
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Deathdiesel

So guys, how about this setup then?

10" 400watt rms 2ohm 105$
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/E-10D2-Sundown-Audio-Series-Subwoofer/dp/B0077DSSVQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1370305136&sr=8-2&keywords=sundown+audio+subwoofer+E+series+10]Amazon.com: E-10D2 - Sundown Audio 10" Dual 2-Ohm E Series Subwoofer E10D2: Car Electronics[/ame]

Sealed .5cft 10" box 60$
Sound Ordnance™ Bass Bunker Sealed single 10" subwoofer enclosure (Model BB10-50S) at Crutchfield.com

MTX amp 500watts rms @ 2ohm 140$
MTX THUNDER500.1 Mono subwoofer amplifier — 500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms at Crutchfield.com

Total cost so far $305

Sound right? My only concern is on the manufactuer website the ohm rating might be different than 2. E Series

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Deathdiesel

This what you mean?
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/KnuKonceptz-KCA-Complete-Gauge-Installation/dp/B0050I6KII/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top"]Amazon.com: KnuKonceptz KCA Complete 4 Gauge Amp Installation Kit: Car Electronics[/ame]

This all I need or is there a different set I need?

Deathdiesel

Im so confused at online people. I keep hearing these guys mention them pairing these subs with like 1000-3500watt amps. How does that make sense even remotely? Wouldnt it shred any sub designed for 400 watts rms?

Also still debating between a 10" or 12"

Last edited:

bleedinblue

Elite Member

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

darksidefz6r

If all you are wanting is some more bass but don't care if everyone else hears it go with a 10" sub. With a decent or quality sub you will get better sound out of a 10" vs a 12" or larger. I always liked the ways Diamond Audio stuff sounds and is priced with rockford, jl, and the like. JL also makes some nice stuff but their amps seemed to require more to run than diamond and rockford stuff. One thing I have not heard mentioned is having the required space in the enclosure for the sub. While the space saver enclosures are nice, you won't ever get the performance our of your sub if it really needs more space so factor that into your purchase as well.

BoneJj

You can always tune an amp lower, you cannot try to create power out of a turd though.

I would suggest that you get an amp that has an rms rating at the final ohm load of your sub that is about 20% higher than the rating of your sub. This will allow your amp to run cooler and more efficiently since you will be able to keep the gain down on the amp, which will generate less heat on all the amps components.
The same goes for an engine as well.... LOL

Deathdiesel

Okay that helps a lot. So if my subwoofer has a rms rating of 400 would 500 be good? Also is 3.8ohm basically 4 or what? On the manufactuers website for the subwoofer they say their ohm is 3.8, does that mean I need a different amp?

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Deathdiesel

The solution? Turn your seats into enclosures and build the seats into them :)
I have thought about doing this, but wouldnt I have to build a enclosure inside the seats basically? My car doesnt really have the room for this.

What did you have in mind for around 300$? I really wanna make sure I have something that is going to sound good for a long time and last as well. Ive seen waaaay too many shitty subwoofer setups, and very few good ones. Whether its my set up, or anyones, I dont want it to sound like shit in 2 years.

Last edited: