mod bug

latino212

Just got an fz6r about a month or 2 ago and I got the mod bug. I said I wouldnt do it after spending so much money on my car but its bugging me to do something small to my bike. Ok so i dont really have much knowledge on lights for headlights so I was just wondering does any1 know of a good quality hid kit? Im pretty sure its an h4 bulb and I know you need a balast anything else for and hid kit? A link to a good vendor or place to buy a kit would be helpfull.

Ok I also wanna add flush mount turn signals cause when I dropped bike kind of scraped one side. Good excuse to change the turn signals at least. I was thinking these look good not sure any thoughts or other suggestions? If anyone knows any better looking or nicer bright white looking ones let me know.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00GJY78YM?pc_redir=1404578281&robot_redir=1"]2009-2014 Yamaha FZ6R Flush Mount LED Dual Ciruit Running + Turn Signal Lights:Amazon:Automotive[/ame]

thanks in advance you guys and sorry if its been asked before also. I know it can get anoying when people on forums ask same questions over and over again and dont search first.

There is a ton of threads on the flush mounts just search signals, if you look through my album you should be able to see mine along with the LED strips i added for more vis from the front. Probably #1 mod maybe tied with mirrors which i tried to replace 3 times but just could not find anything with the vis of the stock ones.

Ok so I am kind of confused I think I read that u need an h7 bulb for low beams and h4 for high beams. Would I have to buy an hid kit with h4 bulb and then a separate set of h7 bulbs? I think I read somewhere that the h4 bulbs could fit both high and low? Then I read if I use an h4 bulb for low beam ima have to mod the the headlight in some way which I wouldnt want to do.

Whats the right bulb sizes and what watts do I get the kit in? If I need two diff bulbs any kits that sell with different bulbs?

H7 have a dual filiment, or two separate circuits, one for high beam and the other for low

Ok just making sure then an h7 would fit both cause of that reason right?

Now watts should I get 35 or 55w? I dont want the lights to burn out quick because I got wrong one.

well there isnt a specific wattage to match your bike.. its whether you want to be bright, or very bright. I got 35 watt bulbs sitting in my charger with smoked headlights and theyre still killer, 55's and youre gonna have people flashing highbeams at you often enough.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Ok so ill probably just do 35w I hate it when someone does that to me so I dont wanna do it to them. Ok just making sure sorry if it just like going in circles with me but so then an h7 bulb would work for both low and high beam? The h7 bulb is like universal, Just making sure.

I don't know if it matters but my fz6r is an 09 and when I turn low and high beams there's only one bulb. Im guessing its just one bulb cause I don't see another bulb I looking in manual but doesn't tell me the size.

I've read and pretty sure its just one h4 bulb if anyone can let me know if its h7 instead that would be cool. if anything ill be wrong and just get different bulb, at least then ill know if it was h4 or h7.

I got someone who can probably make an H4 RGB LED bulb.. im gonna reach out to him and see if he can make one for my bike.

Unfortunately the way the light would scatter it wouldnt be safe to drive with the rgb bulb. However cree makes a 50w bulb that would work probably better than hid bulbs

I don't know if it matters but my fz6r is an 09 and when I turn low and high beams there's only one bulb. Im guessing its just one bulb cause I don't see another bulb I looking in manual but doesn't tell me the size.

I've read and pretty sure its just one h4 bulb if anyone can let me know if its h7 instead that would be cool. if anything ill be wrong and just get different bulb, at least then ill know if it was h4 or h7.

im pretty sure its H4 but i put one of those sylvania superstar H4 in my cruiser and did not see much difference. If you search HID find any thread by rabbitman and he can answer all headlight questions, build you an HID kit or sell you the kit or any of the above.

too late lol, i missed the second page and rabbitman has already spoken up :)

Back