my r6 header set up

PuRpl3_Dr4nK

after all this crazy weather we have been having here in the midwest i finally get my bike back tomorrow although i dont get to ride it...i do finally get to here what it sounds like after my dyno tune:steve:
Post a video clip so we can hear and see it...

joloy133

after all this crazy weather we have been having here in the midwest i finally get my bike back tomorrow although i dont get to ride it...i do finally get to here what it sounds like after my dyno tune:steve:
If possible, could you post your map values for HP and Torque? (Before and after Dyno?) Thanks

KADO

Lets us know how it sounds, I am planning on working on my exhaust in a couple of weeks and getting a PcV so keep us informed.

cavcuz05

ill post a video once i get it to my garage and as for the dyno i asked for a before and after we will see if they listened to what i asked for...ill def let you know what its putting out though

KADO

I have a question that I hope that somebody can answer. As with many others on this site, I am going to replace the stock exhaust with the 03-05 r6 headers and then put a r6 slip-on. I was wondering if the lack of back pressure would harm the valves. Since the two exhaust system is basically the same, has anyone had any trouble with it running to lean or rich?

cavcuz05

i am going to quote what my mech told me...seeing as when you put on the r6 header or two brothers you are basically ridding your bike of the restrictive muffler and going to a straight pipe...although the TBR is more safe you are doing slight damage to your valves and running somewhat rich..that what the PCV is for...same applies to the r6 header set up but due to the increase in exhaust dimensions you will run extremely rich...once again the PCV is needed

rsx2002

this mod deftly makes your bike run rich.. even with the auto tune and pcv. my bike ran fine for a while the other day now. it wont even start its flooding out ive been trying for two days to get it to start nothin is working. and i have no idea how to get to the spark plugs to get them out...

cavcuz05

this is why you pay someone to do a custom Dyno tune on your bike...you need someone to map the fuel timing for you...you just cant throw on a PCV and hope that it works...mine is working fine and im not running rich im actually right where i need to be...however like i said i ran rich until i got the dyno tune

rsx2002

0115001353.jpgya i can see this...i got it runnin again just had to clean the plugs off they were covered in gas and black..now it runs great after i tuned it..

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
View attachment 18176ya i can see this...i got it runnin again just had to clean the plugs off they were covered in gas and black..now it runs great after i tuned it..
The mid-pipe looks really long to me. Do you have any plans to shorten it, or are you happy with the length? Just wondering.

rsx2002

thats what came with it..over all that pipe is only a foot. when i bent the header down the end of it with the mid pipe on just hit the swingarm and i needed a bend and a piece of pipe 4" total with a bend. which is almost in possible if u have 1 1/2 on either side to fit over the pipe and go into the exhaust. so i took the end of the pipe tack welded it to the end to match fit then just welded it together. it came out very well no leaks or anything. the hmf pipe was a little long for my likin cause i wanted something like the MGP growler but they didnt make it for the 03-05 r6. so over all its great the only down side is the mount for the muffler. the guy who started this forum has it good mine is beefy ha but its not moving lol...but it sounds awesome i took it out today in 28 degree weather and it was amazing. i may change to a shorty muffler sometime but for now it runs and sounds amazing.

sldwys87

ill post a video once i get it to my garage and as for the dyno i asked for a before and after we will see if they listened to what i asked for...ill def let you know what its putting out though

I'm doing this same setup, could you please post a video. Thanks

cavcuz05

sorry just havent had the time to go pick my bike up from the tuners...with the winter rad conditions and all...ill get a video up asap

cavcuz05

Getting bike back on SAT so i should be able to get a vid up this weekend:wav:

cavcuz05

vid and new pics are up

cavcuz05

first page in my orginal post...sorry i usually just do that on most of my forums...

MikeN02

Is it possible to use the Juice Box instead of a PCV? Would like to change out my sound but I don't have the money for the Two Bros and I don't know exactly where a Dyno shop is around town.

cavcuz05

you might be able to but not sure on how juice box actually works...

mchury

dont know if this was answered already but is there any other year r6 headers that would fit out bikes?