my r6 header set up

cavcuz05

well here she is all done...all i need now it my PC V and i will on may way to a great sounding bike...i will post a video of it once i get everything done but for now enjoy the pics and vid it was cold and windy so i will try to get a better vid once its warmer

Last edited:

cbzdel

you should sell those mounts, I would totally buy them so I could have an affordable exhaust.

cavcuz05

which mounts are you talking about...the rear one i bought its just a universal exhaust mount nothing special you could prob even fab on up yourself...as for the front i used what im guessing where the center stand mounts up

cbzdel

did you use anything special for that front mount? it looks like there is a few pieces to it..

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Looks nice! Can't wait to see the video.

cavcuz05

i used a 04 r6 and yea i think ill stick with scorpion cause its made in europe

njdan

The Scorpion exhaust you are using is just a slip on correct? Would we be able to use any slip on exhaust with this type of setup?

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, just about any slip-on that fits the R6 exhaust should also work when fitted onto our bikes.

cavcuz05

yes its just a slip on

njdan

I don't understand why everyone with a FZ6R doesn't do this type of setup. I mean you can get R6 headers on Ebay for less then $100, and then decide which slip on you want and you can have a nice exhaust for under $400 easily. You would also have way more options as far as exhausts then with the stock setup. I think I am going to go with the exhaust I posted a few posts ago, I like that it is short and small.

FitZ6R

I don't understand why everyone with a FZ6R doesn't do this type of setup.
I can only answer for myself, but I like the quiet, stock exhaust.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I don't understand why everyone with a FZ6R doesn't do this type of setup.
Me personally, I really like the look and balance from a midship exhaust. Not to mention that my wife doesn't have to worry about burning her leg or melting boots to a hot exhaust that is attached to the side of the bike. The TBR gives me both.

cavcuz05

i see what your saying but the point is regardless of what setup you do you will need a PC V... even though the m4 and TBR are made for the bike you don run somewhat rich which could be so minor but extrame damage in the long run...either way for us who dont what to blow 800+ for and exhaust im happy with the 550 ive spent

70-header
200-s/o
280-PCV

Roaddawg

I can only answer for myself, but I like the quiet, stock exhaust.
I with ya. By the time they hear the loud exhaust, your already passing them. I also like how its tuck under the bottom instead of sticking out the sides and back.

cavcuz05

i "liked" the mid ship as well but i think that IMO this makes the bike more proportioned and look more aggressive but like i said IMO

cavcuz05

got my PC on and it redused the richness by half but i still have to do a custom map to counter the back pressure...but all in all ive on spent $550

rsx2002

the headers

im a newbie here just picked this bike up last month cause i wanted a cheap rocket...im been tryin to get an exhaust i see u guys are tryin the r6 headers is there anything special that needs done to get the headers on right or a specific year...i need some help