my r6 header set up

KADO

Just need to make sure you get the 03-05 r6 headers. There is a little modification that will need to be done to get them to pass under the oil pain but it is nothing horrific.

rsx2002

could u elaberate wat u have to do as far as the modification plz...cause i was goin to purchase one to give me somethign to do this winter...i only have 14 miles on my bikes ha so im just trying to get it ready for the riding season i got the k and n filter put in now i just need a PCV and a good exhaust

PuRpl3_Dr4nK

could u elaberate wat u have to do as far as the modification plz...cause i was goin to purchase one to give me somethign to do this winter...i only have 14 miles on my bikes ha so im just trying to get it ready for the riding season i got the k and n filter put in now i just need a PCV and a good exhaust
Don't know if you have seen this thread yet http://www.600cc.org/forum/f89/r6-headers-15797/?highlight=headers, but there is some info in there that may help you out. I didn't go the R6 headers way, I bought a Two Bros system but would've went this route if I had the tools.

rsx2002

thanks man..i think i may try this r6 header thing i hope it work i dont wanna have to cut and weld..well see wat happens i guess

rsx2002

i was just thinkin if i do go with the 03-05 headers. if i just buy an exhaust system for the r6 in that year would it work i want the shorty look..would that be feezable you think ?

KADO

i was just thinkin if i do go with the 03-05 headers. if i just buy an exhaust system for the r6 in that year would it work i want the shorty look..would that be feezable you think ?
Yea that would be totally feezable. Whenever you get the r6 headers, you open yourself up to a wide range of exhausts that you can put on. Almost any exhaust made for the r6 will fit with those headers. I personally like the midship exhaust but thats just me.

rsx2002

i do to but i think it would be more of a pain to fab it up...i really like the look and sound of the race line and termg. exhaust...i want some thats goin to bark..and make ppl look twice...ha i cant wait to try this..hope it works out well

amirw

I don't like this look, and I don't see a reason to spend even one $ on modding the bike. I think the Japanese engineers did a great job here and this is the reason I bought this bike.
Would I want sound, power or side exhaust, I will upgrade to the Fz1

cavcuz05

you will need a PC V seeing as the you are basically doing a straight pipe

rsx2002

ya im goin to get the pc and the auto tuner i think and get the r6 header with the MGP exhaust from the 2006 and up r6 but im just tryin to figure out if its goin to work out or not...

cavcuz05

yeah i was going to try and put the stock 09 r6 style with out modding the header i couldn't find a place to mount it...but good luck in your project im currently waiting on mine to get back from the dyno tune:cool:

rsx2002

really hmm im thinking maybe i should stick with the 03 to 05 stuff then..what do u have exactly on urs now ?

cavcuz05

04 r6 header

scorpion slip-on

fzbrooke

fzbrooke

cavcuz05

looks interesting and tempting...pretty much what ever you buy it will need some slight modding...with mine however if i ever wanted to sell the slipon to an r6s guy i could cause i didnt cut anything at all everything fit like a charm just need a custom rear mount

fzbrooke

looks interesting and tempting...pretty much what ever you buy it will need some slight modding...with mine however if i ever wanted to sell the slipon to an r6s guy i could cause i didnt cut anything at all everything fit like a charm just need a custom rear mount
So true. I am sure it is just a matter of time until the aftermarket catches up to us on the FZ6R. It is, after all, a first year bike at this point...but, I gotta say, a great bike at a great price. That said, again, just a matter of time.

njdan

cavcuz05, are you the only one who has R6 headers and a side mounted exhaust on our bikes? If anyone else has it done can you post up pictures. Thanks.

cavcuz05

after all this crazy weather we have been having here in the midwest i finally get my bike back tomorrow although i dont get to ride it...i do finally get to here what it sounds like after my dyno tune:steve: