My First Crash and Hit and Run...

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Detrich

Sorry to hear about this, but glad u r ok.

Even if the other party doesn't have their DL & insurance documents, always ask for their full name, address, phone number, email etc. a business card is better than nothing too.

It is -very- important to ask her to get out of the car too. So, make up an excuse to lure the other party out of the vehicle- ie like, tell them that they need to see the vehicle damage or how badly you are hurt etc. Ask them to take a photo of your leg for you.

Allowing her to stay in her vehicle was a prime setup for her to bail. She very well might've planned to run anyways. But, try avoid getting in an argument with her, b'cuz that won't help the situation.

Speedy recovery and hope u track down that biatch!

Sorry to hear about this, but glad u r ok.

Even if the other party doesn't have their DL & insurance documents, always ask for their full name, address, phone number, email etc. a business card is better than nothing too.

It is -very- important to ask her to get out of the car too. So, make up an excuse to lure the other party out of the vehicle- ie like, tell them that they need to see the vehicle damage or how badly you are hurt etc. Ask them to take a photo of your leg for you.

Allowing her to stay in her vehicle was a prime setup for her to bail. She very well might've planned to run anyways. But, try avoid getting in an argument with her, b'cuz that won't help the situation.

Speedy recovery and hope u track down that biatch!
I stepped aside and hung her up to call the police with this excuse. As i a few steps away, she got in her car and ran.
She got out of her car to ask if i was ok. Im one of those people who can ignore pain enough to walk. Had my 600 lb atv lay on my leg for about 15 mins and still was able to walk one time. I was on the side of the road of opposing traffic. She likely only got out to check if i was ok.

I tried to step away with the intent of her not knowing i called the cops... Either way, she ran and now the cops are going to give her a new one...

Just saying you at least have that option now that they caught her... not sure how much you can get from a criminal conviction... I'm not a lawyer.

I know years ago, had a hit and run driver nail my parked car, luckily a person followed them, called it in and the police caught them... they had no insurance and I was told the only thing they would do would go after them for the criminal side (drunk driving and hit and run), I'd have to get a lawyer to get any money out of them, of course, that was 20+ years ago...
im not sure what is going to happen. Still waiting to hear from the SA for what to do next.

BoneJj

Great news!!! The investigating officer just called me. He told me the lady that had hit me was spotted this morning about a mile before where she hit me. They followed her to her home and arrested her. The officers will be pressing charges since they have the footage from my camera of the entire event, the hit and run, and stolen plates. :steve::america:
wow, the cops came through. nicely done...

Fizzer6R

Glad to hear they caught her! assume the cops will charge her w/what they feel has the most punishment, however it might be worth the $100. to consult a lawyer for an hour on their opinion of this. this is prob. very common and they will know what the most likely outcome for her will be.

Glad to hear they caught her! assume the cops will charge her w/what they feel has the most punishment, however it might be worth the $100. to consult a lawyer for an hour on their opinion of this. this is prob. very common and they will know what the most likely outcome for her will be.
Im 19 years old and still working at minumum wage. I only have my bike since i am working on something bigger but i dont have money atm. I have shelled out 70$ for repairs on my bike and the marks are all skuffs or can be removed with polish and wax.

My friend, who seriously should be a lawyer, is going to advice a next step. He not my lawyer, just going to tell me when and when not to have a lawyer.

Swordfish

Most lawyers do free consults and only get paid if you get paid for these matters. PM me if you want the lawyer I used when I got hit. It was literally the easiest thing ever. The hardest part was getting the letter to get my check notarized!

HOCO cops FTW