more cool then a gold tird

CrazyCawi

I have never heard or seen this until today I had a customer I was doing some business with whom brought up some extra's he was getting done at one of the customs shops we use. Its being done to all of his plastic components on his zx1000.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmcdGmYexd8&feature=related]Hydro Dipping Dash in Carbon Fiber - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP7BKHU4WUc]Hydrographics- Dipping my hand in carbon fiber film - YouTube[/ame]

now that first vid is a tad older....from what I understand after calling him...you cant tell the difference from real CF to the dip he said its that advanced.

JSP

Super Moderator
I heard about this a while ago but had no clue what they were talking about. Forgot all about it and never "googled" it. Thanks for posting this. Crazy stuff. Wonder how durable it is... Probably pretty good with the clear coat over it.

RooKie

The durability probably depends on the clear coat strength. Very cool stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Tmak73

I think I found my halloween costume for next year.. Anyone got a big bathtub?

D

Deleted member 9794

What's the price? I assume its by area?

Side note: that stuff could make one of the coolest Halloween costumes ever

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

for basic its .55 a square inch.... for show quality its .85 a square inch. Its pricey. to do both air ducts on our bike would be roughly $300. But now imagine real carbon fiber cost....not so spendy anymore. When I start getting paid how I used to again....if I ever get back to that income....this will be something I would consider for sure. Sick stuff. Your welcome for the share. Im going to meta-tag it and maybe change the name...I wanted people to wonder whats cooler then a gold tird though....

JSP

Super Moderator
I think someone here on the forum was selling a nano coating... Hmmm.
haha, if that protected against metal shards being dragged across the tank.... ;)

JSP

Super Moderator
for basic its .55 a square inch.... for show quality its .85 a square inch. Its pricey. to do both air ducts on our bike would be roughly $300. But now imagine real carbon fiber cost....not so spendy anymore. When I start getting paid how I used to again....if I ever get back to that income....this will be something I would consider for sure. Sick stuff. Your welcome for the share. Im going to meta-tag it and maybe change the name...I wanted people to wonder whats cooler then a gold tird though....
You talking gold plated turd or solid gold turd? :D

CrazyCawi

well usually mine are solid....havent been able to figure out how to sphincter plate things yet.....

Y

yellowfz

This is pretty old technique, we used it years ago for applying Camo to gun stocks.
Nephew used for car/motorcycle stuff.

CrazyCawi

new to alot of us though lol

Bert-Aus

Thanks for sharing -Interesting to see how that is done,

My cousin is bit of a car nut (Commodore Car Club member in Australia) and have seen the end result a few times in her car -but i always have kind of thought that it looks like the contempory woodgrain feel