Mod. Stock Exhaust

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

AL72

so there is a gap between the hole on the box and the tip? I hope you don't get some radiating heat coming up into ur *** and legs that will suck!!
Yes, it`s a little gap around the exhaust pipe and the tip, the same as with the LeoVince, Ixil or Mivv (Very expensive) tips.
No problem with the heat at all.

Regards!

Malicioso

I was over at a friends house while on the bike the other day, I went over to help him with his car when I noticed he had this power-tool for chiselling floor tiles and in the kit there was a spear looking attachment which I thought it would be good to punch a hole into the inside baffle of the bread box.

Don't have anything to loose by trying, so I shoved it up the exhaust pipe (no pun intended), and smacked it with a hammer. 5mins later and a couple of laughs, I started her up and boy did it make a difference! Best 5min mod ever, cost me absolutely nothing and now my bike has a deeper tone and more of a rumble. Still tho nothing would beat a full exhaust, but thought I'd try this before I go ahead and fork out c few hundred $$$

AL72

Another bolted tip

Another bolted exhaust tip: 2" inox steel pipe curved and painted with high temp flat black. The sticker is High temp resistant.

Attachments

scott5626

Went ahead and did the exhaust mod today. Used 2" tubing. Sounds awesome no back firing whatsoever. Thanks to all who braved this before me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cstewart101

Hey guys. Printed out the step by step by neo. Gonna get this done soon. Any suggestions on a tube size ? 2 inch or 2-1/4 or 2-3/4. Thanks for any advice. I've read this forum about 3 times. Really excited. And if anyone could link me to said pipe online.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cstewart101

Hey guys. Printed out the step by step by neo. Gonna get this done soon. Any suggestions on a tube size ? 2 inch or 2-1/4 or 2-3/4. Thanks for any advice. I've read this forum about 3 times. Really excited. And if anyone could link me to said pipe online.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Excited. Got my pipe done and love the new sound. Thanks everyone for the tips and suggestions throughout this forum. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412895289.422783.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412895222.118135.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

numaniko

The noice does take some getting use to its not quiet.
You are amazing Neo. Thanks a lot for the sharing pics that shows mod step by step. I will surely apply this mod as exhaust shops in here Turkey asking me 500$ to apply some kind of this mod. Thanks again. :):)

Neo

You are amazing Neo. Thanks a lot for the sharing pics that shows mod step by step. I will surely apply this mod as exhaust shops in here Turkey asking me 500$ to apply some kind of this mod. Thanks again. :):)
You are very welcome. :cool:

Neo

What size tip did u end up using then? and length?
thnx

Neo, what size tip did u use in ur guide? and length?
thnx a lot for the guide pics btw.
Hi it was a few years ago i think it was. 2 1/2 to 3 inchs wide. i got it off the shelf at an auto parts store.

ajs310

Only just catching up with this thread now. Interesting read!

To those that increased the diameter of the exhaust tip, how did it affect your fuel economy??

Dan-600

I cut off my tip and drilled a BIG hole in the 1st baffle and a smaller hole in the inner baffle. I then took and had about a 4 inch long 2.5 inch diameter tip welded on. It sounds nice but I want more volume, LOL. I still get almost 50mpg and only have a few minor pops on deceleration when it's warm.

saberX

Hey guys,

I ended up doing this mod the other day. Will post pics tmr.

I have minor popping on deceleration from 3k-5k RPM.

Did any1 try block off plates to get rid of this popping/burbling?

It's kind of annoying while being stuck in traffic in the city.

TIA