Mod. Stock Exhaust

Ivan_13

Does anyone have any experience with cutting the stock headers and welding an adapter for an aftermarket slip on? I'm curious to know what would work.

Mavrix

Helo guys.. Greetings!

Its been years now since the first 5 minutes mod and the flange cutting mod been around.. after read all the posts i've decided to get on to the cutting and welding mod for my XJ6S.

Will post again after the modding done..

*hopes no side effect whatsoever in term of long usage from this mod.. seen a few downside post due to oversize exhaust tip, and for that i guess just go for 2" exhaust tip..

chrisjelavell

xj6/fz6r stock mod

hi guys did my mod on the stock exhaust to a 2 1/2 inch sounds grate:) but have notice when i put the throttle on!! the power drops:mad: for a split second then comes back?? and a lot of poping when i slow down and gear down as well
is it a back pressure thing??:confused: do i need a dyno done any thoughts??

cheers

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

a-tomic

Has anyone tried to modify the fuel delivery using the CO adjustments through the dash with this Mode stock exhaust?

I found the explanation on this thread but I do not know how to be concerned about in this mode. Reduce or increase the value of CO and how much?
For me there is no power drops or poping issues.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZUErHDH-VY]Co Adjustment XJ6 - YouTube[/ame]
http://www.600cc.org/forum/f13/adjusting-fuel-using-co-adjustment-20097/

Is it even necessary to change the settings given that there are no changes to the engine performances with this mod? Anyway ,after completing 2,000 miles with this mod I think this is the best mod on my bike so far ...:)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckK2X5EOUdo]YAMAHA XJ6 SP EXHAUST MODE - YouTube[/ame]

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

a-tomic

Won't work on the FZ6R... Unfortunately.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
So l guess this only works on the XJ6 for the European and Australian markets?
Generally, an increase in CO1 and CO2 values ​​creates a richer fuel mixture or something else?

VRIIClubby

it works on the US version, if you could get to it...but I thought the issue for you gents was that the wiring harness was missing a pin the rest of the world has.

Same bike, be it an XJ6 or FZ6R sold in Aus, USA, EU and everywhere in between.

Also saw someone state that C1 only changes cylinders 1 and 3, C2 does 2 and 4. I dont understand that at all!? aren't your cylinders meant to be "firing" the same? If you changed say only C1 how would that be beneficial at all? would make the bike run lumpy, those two cylinders might run too lean...

anyway, no one on here has any real answers on wtf it is really changing, so personally, I wouldnt touch it. snakeoil?

eNigma17

I'm still a bit confused if I would need a PCV. I have have an exhaust tip with 2.75" inlet. Would I be running rich or am I okay? :confused:

bleedinblue

Elite Member
Y

yellowfz

I'm still a bit confused if I would need a PCV. I have have an exhaust tip with 2.75" inlet. Would I be running rich or am I okay? :confused:
I have gone 23,000 miles modded exhaust/air box/K&N filter no problems without a PVC.
PCV is overrated and nonessential, $300+ for 4 hp, no way, not me.

Last edited by a moderator:

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Y

yellowfz

I guess your peace of mind is worth $300+. :D
I am just giving information a non partial opinion, spend if you want doesn't hurt me any. :D