MistahT VS PlastiDip

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member
Last edited:
Reactions: JT
Dude, I'll trade you tanks, I'll even pay for shipping both ways. I have a Raven with an all black tank so there are no graphics to hide! My tank is MINT I just like the graphics on the newer tank. I'll even trade you the fairings too, they are just as mint as the tank.

Last edited:
Looks good man. I think you a good job on it.Smart how you're not going to paint the gas tank because I heard the gas will ruin plastidip.

I think you did a pretty good job, however I don't like the dark color it dried into. Fairing looks nice and even coats, where the tank needs at least 2 more coats to even it out and cover the black (I think). The extra coats might bring the color out more too.. but I think the base white coat would be wonders for it.

Also on the cowl, the flake looks great, but not on the black piece above the jewel light.. just looks like overspray hit it now.

I don't remember the price but this dip stuff isn't much cheaper than getting it painted right. So if it needing that many coats it's saving might just be nullified.
Not sure of your area, but bringing the plastics into a spray shop in my area $300 get you 1 base color and $500 for upto 3 colors (anything too fancy gets pricey fast though). I believe they said it was 3 coats minimum of paint and 3 coats clear, they won't replace decals.
Just curious if for those prices you would paint over dip?

If that's 12 coats on the tank, more will not help. Reversible when you want is great. My thoughts are; while moving, what if a rock/road debris take a chunk out and then the air forced past it starts to tear it off for ya?!!

I'd paint the bike, dip the rims if you have to dip something (easier to fix).

Last edited:

Back