Marthy's PCV Maps

lockon

Thanks marthy, this was an interesting read even though it was based on cars but the principle is the same, Engine - Breather System - Tuning Guides , the idea of having the crank vent to atmos means that there is no oil vapour getting into the air system and ultimately gumming it up (epa laws require no motor gas or fluid is vented to atmos hence laws about blow off valves that are here in sydney and probs other places), I think the two ports you block off and remove the valve is actually an egr (exhaust gas recirculation) system that adds exhaust gas to 'help' with combustion i'm not sure of the benefit i've never had a before and after dyno, ill see if anyone on the sydney riders group on fb have done it and have a shoot out, will be good to get it down on paper, once I get the pcv and run adv gear revb ill take it for a dyno with or without crank vent

ST3RL0

Marthy,
Just curious but with adgear rev B map, I noticed that the that the target afr is as high as 14.xx in some cells, isn't that a bit much? . Now I'm not that knowledgeable with maps, so excuse my ignorance in this area

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

ST3RL0

That's probably in 5-6th gear in the cruising range. Anywhere from 13.o to 13.5 is a good sweet spot for power. 14.0 for cruising is fine if you tune with a Autotune. If you keep the AT on to run close loop, you can set the cruising range around 14.7

That's how my FZ09 is tuned. Still have stupid amount of power and can get 47 MPG on cruising if I keep it in close loop (ECO mode)
All I can say about adgear B is "holy crap" got 240km out of a tank and I wasn't getting those numbers since the bike was stock

ST3RL0

All I can say about adgear B is "holy crap" got 240km out of a tank and I wasn't getting those numbers since the bike was stock.
It's so smooth and doesn't seem to shudder in the 4-5k rpm range

so about to install my two bros full exhaust and my PCV...so trick is to download marthys advrevB map to the PCV and then hook up the speed sensor to the PCV, splice into the wire on the bike, and then good to go? or do I need to set the ACC pump or change numbers on the map; skipping a step? lol sorry noob

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member
Accel pump is not necessary and you can do that down the road if you want to mess with it. Just load up Adv Gear Rev B and splice the speed sensor and you're good to go.
Great. So reading on here about the Accel pump, the explanation is kind of vague, what exactly does that do when you change the values to Marthy's recommendation?

I assume more power/torque and worse fuel mileage?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

ST3RL0

I posted the Map that I came up with on my website. 6R VRC FZ6 Cams RevF... yep, it took 6 versions to get it as perfect as I could (with my butt dyno...lol) This is not the dyno tune maps, I did this one just like the other ones... with the Auto Tune.
Can you link this map and the rev D ones please

BR3NTS

Thanks Heaps!!

Hey everyone,

I've offered to host Marthy's PCV maps on my website, I figured it would be easier for everyone to put them in one place instead of having Martin email them to everyone. This first wave is for the Viper can. I'll be working on getting an actual small site setup for these.

Here's what Martin has sent to me in regards to the maps (hope he doesn't mind that I post this)...

Now for the links...

Viper Touring Map
Viper Sport Map
Viper Advanced Gear Map
All of the Viper Maps

Viper Touring Map - Revision A
Viper Sport Map - Revision A
Viper Advanced Gear Map - Revision A
All of the Viper Maps - Revision A

Viper Touring Map - Revision B
Viper Sport Map - Revision B
Viper Advanced Gear Map - Revision B
All of the Viper Maps - Revision B

I hate to have to add one of these, but it's to cover our a$$...

Thanks!

I just purchased a viper can and PCV and was wondering where I was going to get these maps from, thanks heaps

So I had the Two Brothers full exaust and juice box installed on my 2013 FZ6R I just bought 3 weeks ago. I felt a difference but want more. I am trying to figure out how to get your map to be recognized by the Two Brothers software. I just can't figure it out. I guess I am wearing my special helmet today. :confused:

So I had the Two Brothers full exaust and juice box installed on my 2013 FZ6R I just bought 3 weeks ago. I felt a difference but want more. I am trying to figure out how to get your map to be recognized by the Two Brothers software. I just can't figure it out. I guess I am wearing my special helmet today. :confused:
HAHA...Figured it out.

Now I see FZ6R Viper Sport RevA (TB Pro best) is what I should use. My only question is I only have 600 miles on it and still have stock air filter. This should be fine for me, right?

Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

ignatz

I installed the PCV, smog block off plates and R6 header/muffler. Loaded the Viper Advgear RevB (PCV best) and didn't notice much of a power difference.

Quick question, when the bike is running should both the power and status lights be on? I only have power so I'm wondering if the PCV is working correctly?

When I plug my laptop into the PCV while the bike was running it's loading the map from the PCV and I get a live data feed so all appears to be working fine.

Any suggestions? Am I expecting too much from these mods or is the R6 header/slip-on too restrictive?

Thanks

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

ignatz

It appears the map is loaded, when it I click "get map" it shows the map in position 1.

I connected the speed sensor wire and when I had the PCV software running while plugged into the bike while running it was showing the speed increasing while I had the bike in gear on the stand. Is there a better way to test?

I'm running a 2002 r6 header and a 2006 r6 factory can. I'm not expecting a massive increase in power but it feels like it's running about the same as before the mods.

I should also note that I swapped to ngk iridium plugs while I had everything out as well. I don't think that would have any negative affect but wanted to mention it.