Looking at Used Bike Tomorrow - Need Help...

Detrich

Thanks ^_^

CrazyCawi

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I knew it would all work out for you man! The bike looks SHARRRRP!!! Be careful with your new found power, how does it feel to tuck into the bike? Thats my only gripe on the fz is tucking, I get a crick in my neck and its kinda uncomfortable sometimes. Looks absolutely beautiful the more I look at the pictures! I hope u still stay part of the community even though you got the big brother

PS. you need to update your signature ;)

SOOOOOOOO JEALOUS :)

Detrich

lol. Thanks CC. ^_^. I totally forgot my signature. Will try to do that soon. The tuck on it is really different. I'm still trying to get used to the aggressive riding position. It feels like your riding on top of a bull with your head sticking put while grabbing the horns, for the lack of a better description. lol

I'll need some street time to get comfortable on r6 b4 I dare to take it into the canyons. So, once I feel ready I'll look into selling the 6r prolly..

Mguenther

Congratulations on your purchase. I'm sure you will like it.
I got one 2 1/2 weeks ago and have 500 miles on it even though
the weather is terrible. It was different running thru traffic when I got
it but once on the clear road home it came alive. Lots of power once the
revs come up.

MikeN02

SWEEEEET!!! :D Congrats! You will love it! :thumbup: Wait till you get that thing into 13k-16k rpm! Its a rush for sure! Be careful on it.
No way. The power band kicks in around 7 or 8k Rpm.

Really nice for the redline to be at 16.5k though.

Detrich

Obligatory family portrait of two R blues... ^_^

CrazyCawi

IN LOVE with em :)

Detrich

lol... me too. i'll be really sad when i have to sell the 6R. she's my first bike and like a first love... she taught me how to ride, and i get stupid ridiculously sentimentally attached to ALL my toys- be it my guitars, computers, cars etc. Ugh! Well, i'll deal with it when the time comes i guess.... :(

CDN6R

Damn,, I wish that my body was not so crippled up (oh to be young again!) I love those R6's. I guess I do have memories of the sport bikes I used to own.:(

JSP

Super Moderator
No way. The power band kicks in around 7 or 8k Rpm.

Really nice for the redline to be at 16.5k though.

Sure it does... But Peak HP is at around 14k. So when you keep it at least at 13k-14k rpm in and and out of corners, its pure bliss :cool: and 16k just sounds sick :D

MikeN02

lol... me too. i'll be really sad when i have to sell the 6R. she's my first bike and like a first love... she taught me how to ride, and i get stupid ridiculously sentimentally attached to ALL my toys- be it my guitars, computers, cars etc. Ugh! Well, i'll deal with it when the time comes i guess.... :(
That's why I name my bikes :D

Detrich

i know this is a bit late, but here's a quick shot of me getting ready to ride the R6 for the very first time from the day i brought her home... :)

i've been taking her out several times a week late at night when there's less traffic and slowly getting used to her on the streets & freeways. she handles so light to the touch and has so much power... the weight difference and power are probably the 2 most notable differences. position-wise, i just move towards the tank and the weight comes off my arms nicely. and, my back doesn't feel so twitched after that. it is definitely a very aggressive riding position, but i think not too difficult to get used to once you wiggle around and find a comfy stance...

i still love the 6R and will be riding her in the canyons until i get comfortable on the R6... i don't need any surprises in the canyons, because anything can happen in a split second. and, i like the security of being on a bike that behaves predictably... at least at this stage of my practicing :)

PS Mike> did u read my post on my thread on the R6 forum? lol...

JSP

Super Moderator
i know this is a bit late, but here's a quick shot of me getting ready to ride the R6 for the very first time from the day i brought her home... :)

i've been taking her out several times a week late at night when there's less traffic and slowly getting used to her on the streets & freeways. she handles so light to the touch and has so much power... the weight difference and power are probably the 2 most notable differences. position-wise, i just move towards the tank and the weight comes off my arms nicely. and, my back doesn't feel so twitched after that. it is definitely a very aggressive riding position, but i think not too difficult to get used to once you wiggle around and find a comfy stance...

i still love the 6R and will be riding her in the canyons until i get comfortable on the R6... i don't need any surprises in the canyons, because anything can happen in a split second. and, i like the security of being on a bike that behaves predictably... at least at this stage of my practicing :)

PS Mike> did u read my post on my thread on the R6 forum? lol...

Love it! :cool:

TigerGenetics

Saw some pictures you posted of it over on RX8Club and I must say, it is a beauty. Congrats on the purchase!

Detrich

Are you a fellow member on the RX-8 club Tiger? :)

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Detrich

What do guys think?

Does the white rear seat cowl finish the look and balance out the color, or is it too much and look off?

CrazyCawi

I think it balances it, no white in back the bike gets lost in the blue!

JSP

Super Moderator
Yeah, I like that! Looks great with the white cowl! :thumbup:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member