Just got out of the hospital. I messed up.

JSP

Super Moderator
FZ1inNH... Thank you for the posts, I really appreciate your thoughts on all of this.

I am young and impatient...kind of bit the bullet on something already without taking some of your points into consideration. I already bought a new bike :) You should have posted a few hours earlier damnit, haha

You have me worried about the shoulder now. I didnt really assume anything other than it going back to normal. I didnt think, or didnt want to think, that it wouldnt go back to 100%. We will see. That position doesnt seem to hurt my shoulder too much. Its when I try and raise my arm higher than that, like as if I was riding on a cruiser. Thats when it REALLY hurts. So hopefully it will be ok.

My wife sat on the back of it and thought it was ok, so hopefully on longer rides she will be ok. She wont be going on any tight corner runs, just nice easy rides will make her happy.

I will let you all know what bike I got once it gets to my house in about 30 minutes. :cool:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
I've tried the FJR. While it is a large and heavy bike, it can carve corners quite well for a big machine. So can the Connie as it is very much the same. The FJR is such a smooth bike... incredible! You can tell it is all quality stuff from Yamaha. Connie is the same from Kawa... both are excellent choices for sport and touring and given what you've said about your riding style, sounds like they are right up your alley! As for the BMW, I do not have anything for that one. All's I can say is that BMW puts out an even higher quality bike in all aspects and you'd be very happy with it but if you want to be happy and save coin, you can't go wrong with either of the Japan bikes. All three are by default loaded with features and comforts. I am just partial to Yamaha but I'd take anything on two wheels if I can just ride. ;)

Refreshing to hear that you don't feel the peer pressure and ride your own ride. Good for you! I stress this ALL the time with my riding friends. :thumbup:

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Jason.... glad you got a new ride! Can't wait to see it! Must be that R6 she was dreaming about then? ;) Or, did you go to the "Ludicrous Speed" R1? "DANGER, DANGER WILL ROBINSON!" :sinister:

Either way, I may as well point out one thing for the R series. You CAN make them a standard with handlebars and improve the ergos. Not real cheap but it is doable. ;)

LSL Superbike Handlebar Kits and select Yamaha R6 or R1. ;)

JSP

Super Moderator
Well here she is. I stayed in the Yamaha family, and I will surely stay on this site as well as long as you will keep me!

I went down to the local shop here (Pro Caliber) just to look at some bikes. They did in fact have the white R6 we were drooling for. We did not get it...

They also had a 09 brand new black and gold R6. $1K CHEAPER than the white one AND this one had LOTS of aftermarket goodies already added to it. I couldn't pass it up and seeing the black and gold just got me going. Sexy as all hell!

Here is what it had on it:

YOSHI Exhaust (sounds mean!)
Tinted Windscreen
Swing-arm Spools
Tank protector
Side tank protectors for my knees
Fender Eliminator kit
Flush mount rear signals
Flush mount front signals
Rear seat cowl and the stock passenger seat

Oh and that $350 for a track day thing! Definitely plan on using that!

And I got them to throw in a free Scorpion helmet since I needed another after the crash.

This thing is absolutely gorgeous. Pictures cannot do it justice. I will get some better pics tomorrow in the daytime.

And pics of course!

Attachments

Last edited:

Heineken

Elite Member

jay

Just heard back from the insurance about the bike. Total loss. They valued it at $5500. After my deductible and helmet being paid for. All said and done I am walking away with about $670 in my pocket. They wanted a buyback of $2700 for it which is just way too high. So I am letting it go.

On the search for my new bike ;) Not able to ride for a couple weeks though at least :(
Good to hear abt your/family recovery.. and congrats for the new bike... you are a survivor dude ;) however i got two ?? what's your insurance company? and you said "I am walking away with about $670 in my pocket. " did you paid less for the bike than $5500? i am little confused!!
wishing you speedy recovery.. ride safe !

bjs045

nice pick up! I've been debating to upgrade to a 09 R6, GSX6R, or ZX6R instead of upgrading the FZ6R. Most of my riding will be canyons and commuting so I'm leaning toward the gixxer, but I haven't made up my mind. I may just hang onto the FZ6R.

Anyways..good to hear things are getting better for ya! Heal up soon!

JSP

Super Moderator
Good to hear abt your/family recovery.. and congrats for the new bike... you are a survivor dude ;) however i got two ?? what's your insurance company? and you said "I am walking away with about $670 in my pocket. " did you paid less for the bike than $5500? i am little confused!!
wishing you speedy recovery.. ride safe !
Insurance is State Farm. They pretty much just go by CC instead of the type of bike. So without the accident it would be the same as the FZ6R. The accident shouldnt raise it more than a few bucks a month.

After paying my deductible and them paying for my helmet I came out with $670 in my pocket. I only owed about $4,600 on the bike. I had a little honda rebel I traded in on it when I bought it last year. With that, OTD on it was like $5300.

angelsneverlose

Great pick up! R6's are amazingly fun!

I also have an R6 as my second bike. Me and FZ1NH worked on it quit a bit actually, as well as my FZ6R... we live near each other (PS FZ1NH, ride soon?)

Glad to hear your doing better! Just to warn you though.. i hope your shoulder can handle the R6's very aggressive position. I am athletic, and been riding quit a while, and the thing still kicks me in the ass sometimes. Prepare to take alot of breaks when going for longer trips, and leaning how to hold yourslef up with you knee's if you dont already. Im pretty sure you know all this already (prolly more then me), but i just figured i would say it again :)

good luck and great deal again!

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Sweet ride Jason! Congrats! Please be careful out there. That bike is also sick-fast! But, it does corner a lot better than the FZ... ;)

Chris, shoot me a PM when you are available on the next few weekends. Or, start a thread here for a nice Saturday tour. :D

JSP

Super Moderator
well wishes and all...

sidenote:
just watched a few of your vids and got to thinking...
why wasn't your GoPro recording?

I KNOW! Like I said, no sleep sucks. Just plain forgot it that day. Would have been a hell of a video too! Right into the side of the hill and me flying up past it into a log and rolling back down haha. At least it wasnt there to get damaged.

corwin06

hey man just saw this and read the whole thing. that really sucks dude. thats a sexy r6 though i would get it haha. anyways hope your doin good with the pain. i would suggest smoking marijuana to ease the pain, it really helped me after my car accident well i guess it really depends what state you live in. anyways best of luck to you