JSP's Bandit Pictures...

SpawnXX

Premium Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
I'll just update this thread with my Bandit pics...

The bike has been dropped a few times and the throttlemeister bar ends were chewed up a little bit. Took them off and sanded them as I could. Then hit them with plasti-dip. Lots and lots of thin coats. Cruise control works great just the same. I like the black look much better! Maybe later I will get them powder coated.

Dont mind my dirty garage :D.

Then I painted my center stand and my kickstand. They were showing some rust in some spots. Yes, I painted right there on the mat. ;) Used actual paint for those.

Then took off my engine case guards and painted those as well...

SpawnXX

Premium Member

JSP

Super Moderator
I'm tellin ya, throttlemeisters rock! I love riding my brothers FZ1 with them.
Absolutely! I love them! Super easy on off cruise control. Just twist the bar end and wha la!

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
in light of the other thread... didn't even see this was in the fz6r section.... lol
moved it for ya!

Haha! Oops. Thanks buddy! :D

JSP

Super Moderator
Could not take the wind buffeting anymore with the taller GIVI screen. Really did not want to chop this screen as its a bit expensive but I did still want it tinted and did not want to deal with selling/trying to buy a stock screen. So I said screw it and chopped her down.

HUGE difference. Same as on the 6R (except the 6R never buffeted this bad). So much nicer to ride now.

AND I really dont think it looks bad with the mirrors and the shorter screen. May eventually do block offs and bar end mirrors but I like it as is. :thumbup:

Used a dremel with a BIG cut wheel. No hack saw or anything. Made a perfect cut. Came out great. This one did not melt at all like my 6R screen that I dremeled did. Just a nice clean cut... Sanded it out a bit then used the old molding and glued it back on. Really happy with it and the wind buffeting is almost completely gone.

Pics...

Before: You can see how tall it was here. Directed all the wind right to my dome. Always felt like I was in a bad windstorm.

After: Love short or no screens so much better. This is 3 bikes now that for me at least, prove super short/no screen is way better. Only other option would be to get an even massively bigger screen than was on there and that is just not something I like. ;)

Not the best pics, early this morning in my garage. I like it. And it makes it more sporty looking.

Last edited:

bleedinblue

Elite Member

ksanbon

You posted the windscreen pics in May??? How did I miss them?

BTW, it looks great, Jay. Love the whole project.

So, w/ the super-short screen,
1) are you taking most of the wind in the chest, and
2) are you getting much turbulence in quartering crosswinds?