joe rocket blaster 4.0

bmw675

seems like you dont see alot about joe rocket jackets on here/anywhere as much as i did last year.

im i just over looking them?
i was looking at this jacket, just can't find anyone that has commented on it.

joe rocket blaster 4.0

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

bmw675

do you guys think the perforated leather will still be 'warm' like a normal leather jacket.
all i have now is a mesh jacket with a liner. if so, ill order it up tonight.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
I can say my perforated leather breathes like the wind when riding... while sitting still, it gets warm, but once I get moving, I wouldn't think it was leather. Mine came with a thermal liner... but I would think anything that simply blocked the wind will suffice! I wore my SS textile mesh with liner during last winter and it was fine, I think the leather will be much better.

My 1 piece suit is perforated leather and it gets COLD in colder weather. When moving it stays very cool in hot weather but when the temps are low you can for sure feel the cold. You would still need a wind breaker type liner I think for sure. Otherwise it will just go right through and freeze ya. I, like dart have wore my SS Textile jacket with liner (and a thermal type long sleeve shirt) down to 30 degrees. Yeah its still cold, but the liners will stop the wind. Its about layers really and keeping the wind out. Perforated, is well... has holes in it ;). A good liner is what ya need of you have textile or anything perforated in cold weather.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

WANDERER

No FZ6R yet, but

'don't have a bike yet, so I decided to buy the gears first.

Tourmaster Transition 2 textile Jacket (Black)
Icon Airframe Clayborn? (Red/Black)
Icon Accelerant boots Waterproof (Black/Red) 'winter riding
1 Under Armor long sleeve shirt
Joe rocket Atomic 3 Textile (just ordered) (Red?Black)

I'll get the gloves at the store, as it's hard to order online, either too big or too tight for me.

'still need

Pants
icon tarmac boots 'summer riding
Gloves for winter
Gloves for summer
Undergarments (moisture wicking stuff)
Undergarments (Cold weather)

Cost to ride & that's not including the Insurance for the bike, etc....
But we love what we do....

bmw675

It'd be nice to see a JR perf'd leather with liner write up on here as well!
You are just going to have to wait. ;) fed ex says it wont be here until tomorrow.

if it is, ill have to give props to newenough b/c i just ordered it on wednesday at 9pm. let alone they were the cheapest price by far. :)

ry-mac75

seems like you dont see alot about joe rocket jackets on here/anywhere as much as i did last year.

im i just over looking them?
i was looking at this jacket, just can't find anyone that has commented on it.

joe rocket blaster 4.0
I got this jacket! it's pretty solid, does the trick. I prefer my icon and scorpion, but this is a solid option

bmw675

supposed to be at my door on saturday according to fed-ex.

saturday came and gone, now it doesn't give expected date, not even an update since leaving texas on friday.

getting worried, :(

bmw675

jacket arrived today so i thought i would put together a small review of what i think initially.

first off sizing, i usually like looser fitting clothes, dont like to feel restricted, but i thought i would buy an appropriate size this time. im 5'11" 160 lbs. and i got a size 44 (seem right?). it is definetly tighter than i am used to, but it seems like it is going to work, riding around town it does 'fold' a bit in the front from leaning forward.

temperature, it started out about 90 degrees outside and it felt a little warmer than my mesh with a liner. i think thats a good thing so when it drops into the 50's-60's, it will feel really comfortable. as others have said, you do warm up sitting at lights, but once you get moving its very comfortable. almost made it home before it started to raining heavily. so i didnt get much more than about 45 min ride in.

the only negative thing i would have to say as of now is that it doesn't appear to have a way to attach a liner. i was expecting it to have an extra set of zippers inside for one.

Fzara2000

I just got the Joe rocket radar jacket. If anyone is looking for a great perforated leather jacket look no further - this jacket is amazing and comfortable as well.