iphone 5

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Detrich

Umm....

My iPhone 5 battery life totally rocks! Apple Maps turn-by-turn voice activated navi works awesome too. Not sure I follow all the complaints I've been hearing. My phone works really well. But I might be lucky?

danieljardim

Umm....

My iPhone 5 battery life totally rocks! Apple Maps turn-by-turn voice activated navi works awesome too. Not sure I follow all the complaints I've been hearing. My phone works really well. But I might be lucky?

My maps and turn by turn so far are working perfect....

JSP

Super Moderator

Sorry :D

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member
Last edited:

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

danieljardim

Ive had no isses whatsoever with my 5. love it!! I do tend to reset apps often as well as turn of the phone from time to time.

when looking at battery life please consider:

is wifi - on or off
is bluetooth - on or off
adjust screen brigtness to conserve energy
I have a top of the line $400 phone (more if I wasn't eligible for an update). I don't think I should turn features off to get my battery to last acceptable 12 hours.

My iphone 4 will last me through the whole day all the way up to 10 or 11 o clock.

I don't use the phone heavily, but I do play games and do stuff through the day. My iphone 5 battery is only lasting half of what the iphone 4 would last.

I still love the phone. It's so fast comparing with the 4..

But... (it's always a but)

Battery sux, ios 6 sux and not having the option to buy adapters (all on back order) sux.

Tidal

Had I phones since they came out. I switched over to the GS3...I will never go back to IOS!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Detrich

My iPhone 4 fell out onto the 210 freeway when my seat cowl somehow came unlatched while i was going at around 80+ MPH with the flow of traffic...

It took me about 3 hours, but with "find my iPhone" I was able to go back onto the freeway late at night when traffic was minimal and look for it and recovered it.

Both the front glass and the back plastic of the phone were completely fine. The phone's corners got chipped a little. This is how rugged the iPhone is. But, it's not that I'm surprised.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

bmw675

My iPhone 4 fell out onto the 210 freeway when my seat cowl somehow came unlatched while i was going at around 80+ MPH with the flow of traffic...

It took me about 3 hours, but with "find my iPhone" I was able to go back onto the freeway late at night when traffic was minimal and look for it and recovered it.

Both the front glass and the back plastic of the phone were completely fine. The phone's corners got chipped a little. This is how rugged the iPhone is. But, it's not that I'm surprised.
thats good to hear. Since I've lost my last 2 phones to water damage (riding in rain & hunting), you can guess how much I drop my phone as well. I ended up getting an otterbox defender for mine. Its definitely bulky, but for my use, Its worth it.

Detrich

I use my iPhone naked & without any case. When it fell onto the freeway it was in a thin nylon pouch- just so the underside of the seat cowl doesn't scratch the screen.

Apple really designed these phones to take a beating and then some. I'm sure the Samsung phones are really nice in their features & usage etc. However I doubt they can withstand as much physical punishment as the iPhones can.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

CtrlAltDl

Lol, they are very tough. Brittle, but tough!

I was out quadin' with my iPhone 4S and it fell out of my pocket. I looked for it for about 30 minutes before my buddy found it in the bottom of a mud puddle. It was still working and I've never had a problem with it!

The best part is I paid $199 for that phone and just sold it on Craigslist for $340. I've owned 3 iPhones and have profited from everyone of them. How many other phones can you do that with?!?