iPhone 4: I'm getting sucked in!

pyrocpu

Dangit. S.Jobs has me by the nuts... again!

I'll be pre-ordering on 6/15 along with the rest of the lemmings. Sigh.

What color?

Anyone care for a white 16GB 3Gs iPhone in about 3 weeks? :D

Detrich

Between the 6R & Apple, I'm going to be broke soon... Hehehe. Can't wait for the iPhone4 either. ^_^

rjsantana20

I here the Sprint EVO is very nice.

2w05thletes

I too find myself desiring to upgrade. Only $199 to upgrade if you're eligible anytime in 2010. Arrr...

Detrich

mr. jobs is taking all my $... <lol>

Chaos

Just get a Droid!!!

Detrich

$200 is only for the 16GB tho... $300 for the 32GB -plus- $18 ATT BS u/g fee... :p

here's how to check ur eligibility from ur iPhone:

1. dial *639# from ur iPhone.
2. u'll get a txt message back from ATT with ur eligibility- almost instantaneously.

pretty simple.

this is what mine said: "108: As a valued customer, we can offer you an upgrade with a new 2-yr committment and an $18 upgrade fee."

pyrocpu

Meh. I have a 16GB 3GS right now; the most it's EVER been full is to 7GB. Not much of a power user here. Then again, I'm just a wee bit too cheap for music Pandora's just a click away... :D

2w05thletes

this is what mine said: "108: As a valued customer, we can offer you an upgrade with a new 2-yr committment and an $18 upgrade fee."
I too am a valued customer...apparently not valued enough with that ridiculous $18 fee. It's just too much... :p

bikerchick13

im getting one also(preorder) and i called att and they said because i was a valued customer{cough,cough} they would waive the $18.Also 6/7/10 was the last day to get unlimited data plan,so if you have it dont change.:thumbup:

micigniter

sigh...my gf is making me by her one....199.99 for the 16 gig...thx goodness we were due for an upgrade. going black. i wanted droid so bad but ATT is nazi

pyrocpu

Crap, now Engadget is saying maybe the white may not be available during tomorrow's pre-order! ARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!

Detrich

AUGH, i've been trying since midnight and cannot get a confirmation.

apple store site is overloaded!!! :mad:

micigniter

AUGH, i've been trying since midnight and cannot get a confirmation.

apple store site is overloaded!!! :mad:
been on phone with att and apple all morn. all systems are DOWN. seriosuly, apple is down. they may be up later today. only way is going to att store or apple store. im heading out now. my GF is bitching up a storm.:eek:

JSP

Super Moderator
:D You are all like fiending crackheads haha

pyrocpu

:D You are all like fiending crackheads haha
No joke!

For some reason, I'm sucked in on Apple products. Grew up hating Apple/Macs through the 80s and 90s. That sentiment trickled over to mid decade of the 00s, now finally suckered in. I guess you can't hate something forever.

Having said that, I'm still WTF about the "Apple Shopping Experience."

Why?

• iPod 20GB, 4th gen: couldn't find it stock at ANY Apple store; had to go to Best Buy for it.
  • iPhone 3G: I'm the schmuck who waited 5 hours in line, TWO days after launch.
  • iPhone 3GS: Waited half an hour, only to be sent to the AT&T store since I had some sort of weird circumstance. Ordered it there, then had to come back a week later for the damn unit.
  • MacBook Pro: all in, took me nearly 2hrs to get a MacBook at the Apple Store. I just wanted to hand over my AmEx, get MacBook, & leave. Nope. I had to be "consulted" by an Apple person. Oh, and 3 days later, Apple launches the "free iPod Touch w/ purchase of a MacBook, so that was another anxious hourlong wait to see if they could re-date my receipt for that rebate
  • iPhone 4: Can't get in white for pre-order. Even if I wanted black, as others have mentioned, there are massive outages in the Apple/AT&T systems to the point where one can't DO anything. How am I supposed to be an early-adopter w/ product accessibility issues???

:mad:

Detrich

ive been using apples since my apple 2e clone... :lol: my current machine is a dual quad (8-core xeon) harpertown MacPro and my portable computer is a 64GB iPad 3G... but, over the years, i've accumulated quite a bunch of mac hardware- mostly sitting in the garage now ready for recycling... tho all of it still works and boots. (never had a mac die on me- ever.)

re: iPhone 4... i finally gave up last night around 2:30am. just couldn't get through, but i got a reservation tho- so i'm guaranteed a phone at least. am going to run down to att store this pm and see if i can get a reservation there instead. i'm hoping they're easier to deal with than apple, since they control the plans and can see all your info without having to cross over systems.

Last edited:

JonKerr

Elite Member