Instructions on how to Derestrict your FZ6R (10 Steps )

nytefal

It seems the website has been updated somewhat.

here is the direct link to the item:

FZ6R Derestrictor

I went with the purchase in case i wish to sell the bike at a later date I can put the LAMS restrictor back on no probs.

W0rp3D

It says 60% more throttle but due to the fact that the power starts at 6500 which is beyond the restriction it has 80+% more power.

Does this apply to 2010 models aswell??
Hey mate,

Yes these plates fit a 2010. I have one on my bike :) the guys who made up mine have done up another 10, so if you would like one and don't want to spend the $180 let me know and I'll pass on the details :)

Makes the biggest difference to the bike!

(all this is only for aussie LAMS model FZ6Rs though)

Ryan

2010 Yamaha fz6r

Hey iv read the whole thread but I'm still abit confused. I live in Bc Canada and bought my 2010 fz6r here in BC Canada and I was wondering if my bike is already derstricted or do I have to buy the mod and do it? Cause people are saying its only restricted on Aussies.. What's that mean? Thanks:) and also for people who have done it, how much has it affected your gas mileage?

FJRGuy

Hey iv read the whole thread but I'm still abit confused. I live in Bc Canada and bought my 2010 fz6r here in BC Canada and I was wondering if my bike is already derstricted or do I have to buy the mod and do it? Cause people are saying its only restricted on Aussies.. What's that mean? Thanks:) and also for people who have done it, how much has it affected your gas mileage?
More appropriate to say that Canadian bikes are not restricted than already derestricted.
Follow and read the links provided to learn about LAMS in Aussieland. I did and learnt a lot... I learnt that it sucks to be a new rider in Aussieland! :-D

That said, I like the concept and would love to see a similar system in Canada!

patm80

done mine today

hi I put the resart bracket in today but my bike is the 2013 fz6r in se blue and instead of the 2 gold torx screws it was just 2 Philips head screws

Reaver

my speedo seemed to top out at 220km/h

My 13 will do 135 mph (210kph) stock. Would it even be worth it for me to do it for an extra 10 kph?

Does it handle any differently on the jump.... man I really need to learn motorcycles I know nothing. :spank:

destreik

Hey fellas I had a few questions. I have a 13 fz6r and I top out at 130. With this plate how much more speed are we talking about? In addition, if I bought this bike in the US does that mean the bikes already unrestricted in its throttle response?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

dnielson45

Elite Member

Bert-Aus

Yes, the bike in the US is already derestricted. If you can rev over 6500RPM, then your bike is derestricted. Does anybody know why they have these laws in Australia, other than to "protect people from themselves"?
In Aus the consensus seems to be that if something is deemed wrong or dangerous then someone-else should stop me from doing it:eek:

ie Nanny State, where the Governement is held responsible for people's actions.

...Generally it eases people into bigger bikes sooner without them getting WOT to soon,
however IMHO it tends to influence people (younger) to think they need 1K bikes for the street

pandyman

It's also done in europe , in the UK its called the A2 licence i believe

it is aimed at stopping young people having to much power when they first get their licence.

Yet you can buy a ferarri on your learners permit for a car.. :banghead:

kyffo

Yes, the bike in the US is already derestricted. If you can rev over 6500RPM, then your bike is derestricted. Does anybody know why they have these laws in Australia, other than to "protect people from themselves"?
That not quite right......Even the restricted bikes will rev out to the red line, just much slower then they would if you could open the throttle up all the way.....I have had my restricted '13 FZ6r up to 160 km/h in 4th but it took way to long to get there. It was sitting on about 11000 RPM.......

Yep I was very impressed to reach over 180km/h when my bike was still restricted... Took a lot to reach that speed though, and it was near redline at times. This was not on public roads of course!

kyffo

Thanks

Thanks nightwolf......I have just derestricted my 6r and omg it is so much better. I can see how this is how the bike is meant to be.

The hole process to about an hour and that included going to the hardware store to buy a replacement bolt that I dropped into the bike and was unable to retrieve (it fell out latter on my test ride).

Thanks for your post....

I would suggest that if someone does this they should use some medium strength locktight on the bolts holding the plate in position. Cheers

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15382

Thanks for the write up.

I recently bought a 2012 model and the kind bloke gave me the original bracket as he said it was easier for him to give me the bracket than have me come back in with a chopped one :)

Cheers

Batesoholic

So mate what you need to realise is your still only about half way there, you opened the restricted throttle so you can reach 100% throttle, the tune on the LAMS bike is very VERY different to the non restricted bike. The LAMS bike makes 37hp, the unrestricted bike is double that. Take it to a bike tuner, or purchase a power commander or juice box pro and upload a tune, and you'll notice a massive difference!

VRIIClubby

So mate what you need to realise is your still only about half way there, you opened the restricted throttle so you can reach 100% throttle, the tune on the LAMS bike is very VERY different to the non restricted bike. The LAMS bike makes 37hp, the unrestricted bike is double that. Take it to a bike tuner, or purchase a power commander or juice box pro and upload a tune, and you'll notice a massive difference!

You 100% certain about that statement?

As far as the entire community is concerned they are only throttle restricted. There is no difference in the tune between LAMS and unrestricted.

A PCV or JB Pro will help increase your hp (with an exhaust etc) but it wont double it.

D

Deleted member 15382

^ I agree.
It is only the throttle that is restricted, not the tune.

To be honest I have found the JB only ok. Yes it has changed the fueling and does make if feel better up top end however low and midrange feel average.

I will be getting the bike put on a dyno and tickled up as I will be interested to see what it comes out like when done.