Instructions on how to Derestrict your FZ6R (10 Steps )

ttn

Yes i should have added . " Do this at your own Risk " ;)

....................................................................................................

The bike is exactly the same . My bike used to top out at around 130 kph?
I got it up to around 145 on my " test ride " today . Conditions are wet here at the moment. I would say i have a normal 600. I paid full price for my bike about 2 months ago ( 12,000 AUD ) so i did this because i wanted full bang for my buck. ( and also im a bank robber and need a fast get away :thumbup: ) ... But really , I wouldnt worry about it unless you have a death sentence or you " race " your bike... to me it was worth $150 ?
But dont expect it to change unless you are at high speed.
Apparently these bikes will max out at around 200 kph. :cool:

hey there did you have to play around with ECU or anything etc. etc etc. or just simply take the plate off and whack on a new unrestricted one.

rhyswithers

Have any of you guys grinded tiny bits at a time off the oem throttle restriction plate to gradually ease yourself from restricted, to unrestricted throttle?

adamo3957

Have any of you guys grinded tiny bits at a time off the oem throttle restriction plate to gradually ease yourself from restricted, to unrestricted throttle?
Think we've all had more balls...

Kidding, nobody seems to have bothered, might as well order the plate from resart and have a stock standard in case you need it, or sell the bike.

As for the power jump it's not that bad in difference, you just have to get used to it...

Bert-Aus

Just like with any bike, it will only do what you tell to do

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

FastFreddy

Nothing a hacksaw, g-clamp and a torque bit set couldn't fix.
The Australian released 2010 FZ6R was set to 22 HP at the wheel stock and couldn't rev past 7000 due to the quarter throttle limit. Having Spada's go flying past uphill is one thing, having cars come screaming up behind you is another.

ST3RL0

Mine is 2010 and I could go past 7000, would top out at 140kmh in 6th

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk