Instructions on how to Derestrict your FZ6R (10 Steps )

VRIIClubby

^ I agree.
It is only the throttle that is restricted, not the tune.

To be honest I have found the JB only ok. Yes it has changed the fueling and does make if feel better up top end however low and midrange feel average.

I will be getting the bike put on a dyno and tickled up as I will be interested to see what it comes out like when done.
have u tried other tunes? any feedback would be great I still havent installed my JB, did 2500km without it and the bike was great, worried I wasted my money.

lets us know how ur Dyno goes

D

Deleted member 15382

I have the base tunes from TB loaded and yeah, they are ok. The liven the bike up in top end but from my experience they are average down low to mid. I bought my bike new. TB exhaust and JB went on @ 350km then the bike was de-restricted at Yamaha on its first 1000km service. Yamaha were kind enough to direct swap my restricted plate for a non restricted plate :)

I have kept the bike mostly on stock setting with the occasional switching of settings. I will post up when I get the bike put on the dyno for a before and after and even try squeeze in the other readouts using the TB and other tunes I have.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 15382

Had the bike on the dyno, the tuner cleaned up the fuel table (from the TBR tune) and bike runs smooth and clean. Original tune was very rich up high and lean down low.

As for the restriction plate, I notice the 2013 is less restricted compared to previous models. A mates 2013 does about 170km/h where as my 2012 would only pull about 140.

Had the bike on the dyno, the tuner cleaned up the fuel table (from the TBR tune) and bike runs smooth and clean. Original tune was very rich up high and lean down low.

As for the restriction plate, I notice the 2013 is less restricted compared to previous models. A mates 2013 does about 170km/h where as my 2012 would only pull about 140.

Mate my 2010 had no trouble getting well past those speeds... You do have to get up it all through the rev range though, can't just chuck it in 6th and expect it to pull with the restricted plate on! With a bit of patience and using the revs these bikes (even restricted) can reach speeds that are well in excess of anything you would safely use on the streets :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VRIIClubby

So spill the beans mate, what did she get up there on the Dyno? very interested, also how much did he dyno time and tune cost you?

D

Deleted member 15382

As a car tuner I hate figures (many variable factors involved) however 82hp was recorded. The curve is much smoother (over TBR tune) and feels much better at all rev ranges. Bike has reduced "popping" on decel as the table has been cleaned up.

$180 for 2 hours of dyno time near where I am.

Overall the bike feels cleaner over the entire rev range, has better fuel economy (exact figures yet to work out) and is a massive improvement over the stock / TBR / other tunes used.

poidabike

Resart

Just received the resart plate and it does not suit the cables on my 2013. Even with the bottom adjuster wound all the way out and also the adjuster on the handlebar, the cables are loose. The cable mount points are both around 8mm closer to the throttle stem.
Took it off and thought stuff it, it's open now, got the Dremel and cut the OEM throttle limiter.
Went for a ride and holy smokes, it's the engine it should always have been. A great surge of power above 7000rpm now all the way to the limiter. What a hoot.
I will be returning the resart part.
Ok so now where do I get the OEM restrict or if I need one?
He'll, I might just make my own. Too easy.

Bert-Aus

:D nice discovery for you

The OEM part can be ordered through any Yamaha dealer, expect to pay a hefty sum for it though

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

D

Deleted member 15382

Sweet talk to the spare parts people. You may be surprised!!

VRIIClubby

As a car tuner I hate figures (many variable factors involved) however 82hp was recorded. The curve is much smoother (over TBR tune) and feels much better at all rev ranges. Bike has reduced "popping" on decel as the table has been cleaned up.

$180 for 2 hours of dyno time near where I am.

Overall the bike feels cleaner over the entire rev range, has better fuel economy (exact figures yet to work out) and is a massive improvement over the stock / TBR / other tunes used.
yeah agree with your Dyno comments completely, wayyyy to any variables and its all a dick size anyway! lol,

Just wanted to see if it was sitting where I was hoping!

Have you removed all the AIS crap yet?

Im running marthys map atm (only installed my JB a couple of weeks ago) and thought the difference that just that made was crazy! I only seem to get a big rich overrun when on 1/4 throttle to no throttle @ around 6500rpm.

Only issue I have with it! ight play with some more but not to confident in playing with the values myself yet.

D

Deleted member 15382

AIS is gone. In reference to a couple of other users asking about the crackling / popping, yes it did reduce it a bit and again a bit more with the tune but I still have a few nice cracks. Personally I like the rumble sound on decel but was maybe a touch excessive with pipe only.

Bert-Aus

Dont forget to reduce the Maps by 4% due to Aussie fuel mixtures.
Marthy Maps are based on US Ethanol blends.

With my Maps I followed this method,
which shifted my mileage back to around stock
& reduced popping to blipping or heavy decel

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

DJBH4991

Hey guy this is my first post, so not sure if I'm doing this right :L

I have a 2013 Fz6r SE, just started making it my bike and putting the stuff I want on/in it.. Started with the TBR exhaust and juice box, now a zero gravity double bubble windshield..

Living in aus with our shithouse Lams rules for bikes and our restrictions, I'm deciding to unrestrict my bike now and not wait til 2016 when I'd be legally allowed to ride a bigger bike..

A friend of mine has the same bike unrestricted, and leaves me for dead everywhere.. Wheel stands burnouts and all the good shit you expect from superbikes...

The resart de-restrictor claims to add 60% throttle, and all this stuff that seems too good to be true.. Just wondering if it's worth the $$$ and what kinda difference I can expect.. And of coarse what kinda top speed, struggling to get above 180kmh stock :L

Any info or help would be tops

D

Deleted member 15382

Removing the restrictor will allow you 100% use of the throttle compared to the 30 odd % you have now.

The FZ6R has a very linear acceleration (no powerband), is predictable and easy to manage.

Forget about wheelies and burnouts and ride the bike for what it is :D A great all round bike - Solid machine in town, good fun on the twisties and comfortable for the longer rides.

DJBH4991

I'm not one for doing the wheelies and stuff, just knowing I can do them is enough aha, but a lash out on the throttle when no ones around is good fun if the conditions are okay aha

Does the bike run better with high flow air filters ? Any noticeable difference?
Also I'm looking for HID projectors or HID globes... You know anyone who ships to AUS or is AUS located ?

adamo3957

Gonna break this up for you

Living in aus with our shithouse Lams rules for bikes and our restrictions, I'm deciding to unrestrict my bike now and not wait til 2016 when I'd be legally allowed to ride a bigger bike..
there's a reason... your post is it. Immaturity

A friend of mine has the same bike unrestricted, and leaves me for dead everywhere.. Wheel stands burnouts and all the good shit you expect from superbikes...
The FZ6R is not a superbike... not even close, superbikes are litre bikes
Supersports are 600 race replicas, e.g. r6, cbr600rr, gsxr 600

The FZ6R is a sports standard, less power, softer suspension, less aggressive position...

The resart de-restrictor claims to add 60% throttle, and all this stuff that seems too good to be true.. Just wondering if it's worth the $$$ and what kinda difference I can expect.. And of coarse what kinda top speed, struggling to get above 180kmh stock :L

Any info or help would be tops
Yeah it does actually work, least your not blindly buying stuff so that's good,

Is it worth the money?
Depends on how likely you think you are to get caught? and how much your willing to risk... Me, I have one on there because it's worth the risk and I have experience racing faster bikes, but due to licensing I have to go from the beginning here.

Difference?
It's going to be a big difference once you start opening it up
but you'll still be able to ride it like normal if you want.

top speed?

I've had 220km/h on the clocks before on a track, don't do it on the road!

at 220km/h if you come off and hit a tree you will be reduced into paste (I lost a good friend a long time ago like this and he was literally scooped into a bucket off the side of the road.

DJBH4991

The Lams set up is bullshit? Spend all your learner years on a 250-600 til you think your some top rider getting his/her? Then bam liter like the next day? It's stupid, there should definately be a more gradual power increase as the years go on... Call me crazy but It makes some sense.

And I'm definately am NOT comparing a FZ6, to a Superbike of any kind.. Just saying the difference between restricted and unrestricted seems like a big leap when your riding the restricted model next to the opened up one..

No way I'd open up the bike without careful consideration..

The risk is there yes, but I've been pulled over multiple times and have to explain why a 250 and a 600 are both learner legal to every copper.. It seems cops in the area aren't well educated on bike restrictions and how they work...

I don't plan on gunning it everywhere top gear, just knowing the power is there and ready to use when or if I need it..

As for top speed I'll take your word for it.. I've hit 170 with no mods, 180+ with exhaust and juicebox...

I've come off at 70, that was bad enough..

ST3RL0

The Lams set up is bullshit? Spend all your learner years on a 250-600 til you think your some top rider getting his/her? Then bam liter like the next day? It's stupid, there should definately be a more gradual power increase as the years go on... Call me crazy but It makes some sense.

And I'm definately am NOT comparing a FZ6, to a Superbike of any kind.. Just saying the difference between restricted and unrestricted seems like a big leap when your riding the restricted model next to the opened up one..

No way I'd open up the bike without careful consideration..

The risk is there yes, but I've been pulled over multiple times and have to explain why a 250 and a 600 are both learner legal to every copper.. It seems cops in the area aren't well educated on bike restrictions and how they work...

I don't plan on gunning it everywhere top gear, just knowing the power is there and ready to use when or if I need it..

As for top speed I'll take your word for it.. I've hit 170 with no mods, 180+ with exhaust and juicebox...

I've come off at 70, that was bad enough..
I have to agree, I removed the block and rarely use more than half throttle. It's all about [un] common sense

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk