Idle keeps jumping

ccubanito

Hey guys, I recently made an exhaust for my 2009 FZ6R and and the issue that I’m having is that at low rpms the idle keeps jumping sometimes it goes so low that it turns my bike off. Sometimes I can’t even turn my bike on because of this. I’ll leave a vido here so you guys can see what is going on. I do have a PCFC and I have one of marthys maps for it. I don’t know whats going on with the bike. I figured I would ask here before taking it to a shop. Thank you

What map are you running? I have a shorty pipe on a r6 header and I’m running the Sport RevB map and I do not have this issue. Have you tried taking the PC off and seeing what’s up? Could be something with the map, maybe?

ccubanito

What map are you running? I have a shorty pipe on a r6 header and I’m running the Sport RevB map and I do not have this issue. Have you tried taking the PC off and seeing what’s up? Could be something with the map, maybe?
Yeah I’m running the same maps as you. I did disconnected it and still had the same issue. I checked my oil level and it looks like is a little high. I’ll take some out and see if that fixes it. I read that that’s an issue with the R6 but nothing about the fz6r tho

I wouldn’t think it would be the battery, to be honest. I would just scoure the forums and see if you can find a similar issue. I’m currently dealing with an intermittent “Code 19” issue upon start up. Goes away after a few key turns though.

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

ccubanito

When you say you made an exhaust, do you mean you custom fabricated one?

Fluctuating idle could be excessive back pressure from a restriction. It can also be fouled spark plugs from too much fuel.

If it was too much oil, removing oil isn't going to help. The excess oil has already been blown out the engine breather tube into the air box and coated the air filter. That might cause an engine to surge, but it will also cause the engine to run rather weak at all engine speeds as it can't suck air at a fast enough rate.
I double check the oil and I was wrong. It had the right level. I did a full oil change just in case. Basically how the exhaust is right now, it’s just the headers and a slip on. The exit for the slip on with the baffle on is quite small, pretty big exit without the baffle. I would have to double check on the spark plugs. It’s so weird because is only when the rpms are low that it happens that’s why I thought it could be the battery. Even when I’m downshifting is good but when I get close to coming to a complete stop it shuts off unless I keep the idle up

ccubanito

I wouldn’t think it would be the battery, to be honest. I would just scoure the forums and see if you can find a similar issue. I’m currently dealing with an intermittent “Code 19” issue upon start up. Goes away after a few key turns though.
I’m not familiar with the code. What is the actual problem tho?

It shows the code as being “side stand error” or something along those lines. I’ve tried to fix to no avail. I just deal with it. It doesn’t do it while I’m riding. Just when I go to crank, sometimes it shows an error code and won’t start. A couple key turns and it cranks right up. Sat for about 3 months and this problem began.

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member