Icon Tarmac shoes for FZ6R use

WANDERER

I was wondering if these pair of shoes from Icon "Tarmac" are ok to use for shifting. I noticed how thick the sole is & I was wondering if anyone is using these pair right now and if there are any issues when shifting.
I'm still in process of gathering all my gears right now, but planning to get the FZ6R

columbus2382

i got the icon chukka boots they are kind of a pain to shift deff. gonna take some gettin use to

Insure Gal

I was wondering if these pair of shoes from Icon "Tarmac" are ok to use for shifting. I noticed how thick the sole is & I was wondering if anyone is using these pair right now and if there are any issues when shifting.
I'm still in process of gathering all my gears right now, but planning to get the FZ6R
Most shift levers are adjustable so if you find it tight you can move the shifter a bit to accomidate the boot if I'm not mistaken.

JonKerr

Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
The main thing to be concerned with on a boot is feel at the toe. The lever is adjustable so fitting your toe under the leaver won't be an issue. But if you can't feel the shift lever, you can really easily accidently bump it in or out of gear. That's why I always tell new riders to leave their steel toe boots at home if they're going to be riding. Aside from flip flops or plain tennis shoes, they're the worst thing you can wear.
That has been my experience as well. Most motorcycle boots (at least my Oxtars) are fairly thin on the top where the shifter sits. That part of the foot just doesnt really come into contact with the ground in a wreck.