I know she's hot but this is ridiculous!

Fuzor

Bet everyone thought this was about a girl huh? :thumbup: lol Well sad to report its not any pictures of hot girls with motorcycles or anything :(.

Last night I got off work just after 10pm and I notice I have a text from my mom telling me to call her. I give her a call and its news I was not expecting. She tells me my bike was on fire and she had to put it out :eek: (worst news ever). Sure enough when I get home I see the cover on the floor next to the bike half way melted and water on the floor, accompanied with the smell of melted plastic. From the looks of it someone decided to catch the bottom of the cover on fire on both sides next to fairings and also in the back. The back got the most damage and the melting cover dripped all over the bike. Its been sitting for about 4 days in the front driveway with a cover over it so I know its not from anything being hot after riding.

I still have to contact insurance company to see what my next step is, I sure hope they will fix it. Sorry if pictures are kinda dark, it was 11pm when I was taking them. Gave me something to do while waiting for the police to come so I could file a report.

I also count myself very lucky because the damage could have been a whole lot worse. I'm glad someone drove by and knocked on the door to inform someone it was on fire. Too bad he said he didn't see anyone or anything weird, just the motorcycle on fire.

I wanted to go riding this weekend too.:banghead:

Attachments

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!!! Who does that kinda shit!?!

Really sorry for the loss! I hope it can be covered under your bike insurance, and maybe even the home owner's insurance.

JSP

Super Moderator
You think someone actually set the bike on fire??? Damn, who did you piss off? Sorry to see this...

How was it set on fire? Any igniting materials that you can see? Its actually hard to light plastic on fire unless its soaked in gas and then lit up. Do you have any aftermarket electronics/wiring on your bike? Or is it 100 % stock? Pull the tank and plastics and check all the wiring and how it looks. It looks like it started IN your tail light. Your fender doesnt look burned which is strange if it was set from the outside? Weird how your fairing got some too though.

That sucks man...

Last edited:

Spunky99

Some gang banger reconquista bitch running around and setting fire to bikes in Gilbert now? used to be a nice town. My best buddy lives in Chandler and works in Gilbert.
Dang!

Fuzor

You think someone actually set the bike on fire??? Damn, who did you piss off? Sorry to see this...

How was it set on fire? Any igniting materials that you can see? Its actually hard to light plastic on fire unless its soaked in gas and then lit up. Do you have any aftermarket electronics/wiring on your bike? Or is it 100 % stock? Pull the tank and plastics and check all the wiring and how it looks. It looks like it started IN your tail light. Your fender doesnt look burned which is strange if it was set from the outside? Weird how your fairing got some too though.

That sucks man...
The officer asked the same things. I didn't piss anyone off that I know of :confused:. We didn't see any igniting materials. Although the police did find a scorched mark on the side walk at the park across the street from my house. We are assuming the person had a lighter and ignited the cover that was on the bike. The bike is 100% stock besides having frame sliders and a centerstand. Here are some pictures of my cover.

The officer told us that he came from another call where someone decided to throw someones pumpkin through their front window. Not sure if its related but apparently someone is going around vandalizing.

Attachments

JSP

Super Moderator
Damn, I missed the part that your cover was on the bike. That will go up in flames pretty easy. Yeah, def looks like vandalism. WTF.... Why cant we ever catch these pricks doing this shit? :mad: Hope insurance takes care of you.

kevin8198

Elite Member

Detrich

ack, am really sorry- and pissed off- to see this happen. :( hope ur insurance takes care of it and u either get it fixed good as new or get a new bike...

and, may the ass wipe that did this to ur bike get his/ her share of karma! >=(

Bloke

Hmm... We have the same problem in the uk. Recent spate of bike fires. Police getting called to like 5 in one night.

Anyone know if it's some retarded twats promoting something via the internet?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

6R Blackout

Sorry about your bike, I hope everything works out for you Bro!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Casey (aka) Hunter77!

Fuzor

Lot of sun down in AZ, you don't think something during the day could have magnified onto the cover setting it on fire? Or did this happen at night?

That sucks big time!! Sorry to hear about your loss.:(
It happened at around 10pm

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

I had to be the bearer of bad news but maybe we pissed JOTS off?

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

2011FZ6R

Anyone think that maybe the hose on the side left a little gas drip down and some how get ignited causing the cover to catch fire? Not sure if that's plausible but you never know.

Fuzor

Hey everyone, thx for all the remarks... The insurance company called me back and so now I have to find a shop to take the bike to so they can determine the damage done and to repair it. I found some shops that look good according to internet reviews but is there any recommendations you guys have of shops in the Mesa/Gilbert/Chandler area or certain questions you think would be good to ask when calling the shops to find out if its a decent shop?

Also since the back end of the bike was on fire do you think the bike may not be as safe to ride anymore? I'm concerned the heat could have warped or weakened something to where down the road something could happen to bike while riding it and cause a wreck. I haven't been riding long so any comments is much appreciated. :thumbup:

Fizzer6R

it's a tuff call, kinda depends on how you feel about it - ex. if you get it fixed and then will still think something might be wrong with it, might be better off trying to get it totaled out - which is up to your insurance and the damage estimate. while others want to nurse/fix their baby back to health and feel good about that

hard to tell from pics - did just the plastic melt onto metal parts, looks like some black marks on the tank? does the bike still glide (free wheel pushing) smooth? are plastic bits melted into the rear brakes now? did the fire eat away into the paint on the back subframe, swingarm?

if you want, do keep it, and were thinking of mods - now would be the time to get a fender eliminator/change the signals - a shop can work out something