I hope everyone is getting some "seat-time"

Jay S.

What's up y'all? I'm 2 months into this deployment and had a little down time to catch up on the forum (and Youtube gems as well). Just thought I would say hello and make sure everyone is getting some time away from the PC and on the road. I try to read as much as I can on the forum when I get some internet time here and there. I miss the family and the bike so I hope everyone is getting some time in the saddle for those of us who are missing riding season this year.

:(

Ride lots and hug your family!

BTW...since I had some internet time, I ordered Shogun sliders, Driven +1 front sprocket and a power outlet today. Givi bags are next. I told the wife to just put the boxes in the garage with the bike, and told her to talk nice to my bike and pet her a little bit too.

:D

Take care everyone, only a few months to go.

Jay

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
I have not been riding much at all lately... :( Been busy with other activities and family so its not soooo bad.

Oh, and thank you for your service! Stay safe.

Jay S.

Yes, I have been riding a lot. I actually haven't been very present on the forums for that reason. I think that most people have been MIA a little bit. Just that time of year for us you know. Anyway, glad to hear things are going well and take care of yourself!!!
Glad to hear it! I put the battery on a tender, bike on the centerstand, and my daughter goes out to rotate the tires every week so I don't get flat spots, that's as close to riding as my bike is getting.

CrazyCawi

What's up y'all? I'm 2 months into this deployment and had a little down time to catch up on the forum (and Youtube gems as well). Just thought I would say hello and make sure everyone is getting some time away from the PC and on the road. I try to read as much as I can on the forum when I get some internet time here and there. I miss the family and the bike so I hope everyone is getting some time in the saddle for those of us who are missing riding season this year.

:(

Ride lots and hug your family!

BTW...since I had some internet time, I ordered Shogun sliders, Driven +1 front sprocket and a power outlet today. Givi bags are next. I told the wife to just put the boxes in the garage with the bike, and told her to talk nice to my bike and pet her a little bit too.

Take care everyone, only a few months to go.

Jay
First off, thank you for what you do for us :america:

As for saddle time, Im puttin miles on for ya bro! I bought it with 4800 miles on it and now I have over 9k on it. Where did you buy your power outlet? Im sure you will love your GIVI's when they get ordered :) Keep in touch! Where are you stationed? What branch/job?

Jay S.

First off, thank you for what you do for us :america:

As for saddle time, Im puttin miles on for ya bro! I bought it with 4800 miles on it and now I have over 9k on it. Where did you buy your power outlet? Im sure you will love your GIVI's when they get ordered :) Keep in touch! Where are you stationed? What branch/job?
Thanks for the kind words bro. I'm an old guy, this is my 12th deployment in the past 19 years. I'm starting to think "I'm too old for this s**t." But then again, I'm still having fun.

Sweet mileage! I just got mine in December and had just over 3K on it when I left in May. Damn I love that bike, more than any of my previous bikes for sure. I ordered my outlet from Twistedthrottle.com. It looked like the cord might not be long enough to mount it in the dash so I ordered an extension wire as well. The plug/outlet was $17 and the extension was $8, so $25 total. I am stationed in Abilene, Texas but currently spending the summer at Joint Base Balad, Iraq. Good times and hot as h**l. I'm an aircraft maintenance supervisor in the Air Force, which means I used to be a jet mechanic years ago, but now I spend the day watching young dudes and dudettes fix them.

Crocop43

Hey good luck out there I know what it's like I've done 3 combat deployments myself, 2 in afghan one in Iraq.Even though I'm in the Marines Corps I always think being away from family is hard,and that goes for any branch....you guys might not get the combat like us but non the less your doing your part. I'll keep you and your men in my prayers(as I always do) I haven't been riding my bike much ethier there's ethier been rain or this dang smoke from the Forrest fires here in nc....

JonKerr

Elite Member

Jay S.

Hey good luck out there I know what it's like I've done 3 combat deployments myself, 2 in afghan one in Iraq.Even though I'm in the Marines Corps I always think being away from family is hard,and that goes for any branch....you guys might not get the combat like us but non the less your doing your part. I'll keep you and your men in my prayers(as I always do) I haven't been riding my bike much ethier there's ethier been rain or this dang smoke from the Forrest fires here in nc....
Thanks for the kind words bro. I appreciate what you guys do! After years of "Air Force" deployments to Qatar, PSAB and Turkey, I can say that the last 2 to Kandahar and Balad have been eye openers for this jet mechanic. I'm sure you can understand why. Hehe. Something about mortars and rockets...ugh.

I truly appreciate your words and thoughts brother and I'm thankful for guys/gals like you who go outside the wire. Thanks for what YOU do!

Take care.

Crocop43

Hey I was thinking if your guys need anything send me message we got a thing in my unit where we save up money and send stuff you guys wY...last time it was a tv and xbox....let me know if u need /want or could use anything and I can get the ball rolling.

Jay S.

Almost outta here...ordered lots of goodies

Well only a few weeks left. At least being in TX I'll get a month or so of good riding in when I get home. I've ordered a few things for the fizzer and my wonderful wife has been putting the boxes in the garage. The list...

Shogun no-cut frame sliders
Driven +1 front sprocket
12v waterproof accessory plug
SW Motech center stand
Disc brake lock
Lots of new tools/bits: T-handle allen wrenches, chain brushes, cargo nets, etc
And and OGIO tail bag.

As for the tail bag...I've been debating (ever since I got the bike last December) about getting Givi sidecases. However, I always love riding the bike naked and using a tankbag or backpack if I ride to work on the occasional nice day. After way too much thinking I decided to keep my soft saddlebags and get a tail bag for the couple times a year I take multi-day trips. Plus...my wife really wanted an iPad and after this deployment, she deserves one. Gotta keep that lady happy you know!

:thumbup:

I can't wait to get home and install everything. I have a nice 2 day ride around central TX planned...I wanted to take a 5 day trip to Key West but for some odd reason my wife didn't want me to leave after being gone for a few months. Dang, maybe she wants me around???

Anyway, here is my route...I have to do something to keep my mind occupied around here, so ordering parts and planning rides seems to work. Counting down the days...

Again, I hope everyone is getting plenty of riding in over the summer months.

Take care.

Jay

Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Jay S.

If you decide to keep your soft saddlebags and need something to hold a tail bags, check out my trunk rack and saddlebags support. Pretty neath set up! I install a large trunk, but you can bolt about anything that you want on the rear plate... maybe just a little rack to put a tail bags...

Think about it...
Thanks Martin. I've already built a support for my saddlebags, I'll have to see how the tailbag works when I get it all set up. Always appreciate the offer!

Last edited:

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Jay S.

Well if your still going to be at BAFB for 5 months early next year then of course she wants you home! Lmao

That's a nice list man. I too want to install my +1 front sprocket but don't have tools here in Louisiana. It's all in MS. Maybe one day lol.
Actually I was supposed to go home in November but the move to BAFB is what got me out of here a few weeks early. I'll take every day I can get getting out of here!

If you don't have it installed by January maybe I'll bring the tools along and we can take care of it? I have family in Waynesboro MS as well. Small world. I've already spent a lot of R&R time looking at maps of Louisiana to see what I can explore when I get time.

Anything to kill time over here when I'm not working...ugh.

Take care!