I hate tailgaters

Brock Kickass

Everyone is so tough when they have 4000lb of metal and glass protecting them. What's the need to be so tough, anyway? It blows my mind how aggressive people can get on the road. What great offense have I done to cause you to blow your stack? Try to pass you? Toot my horn when you have your face buried in your phone and don't see the light change? I've driven outside of North America, and it seemed like people were a lot more civilised on the road. What gives? I wonder if people get so enraged because when things happen on the road it points out their own shortcomings, and they choose to go on the offensive instead of admitting they're not perfect?

DragonBlu

In Oregon they use sanding gravel when it is icy or packed snow. I learned a bad habit from driving semi that when someone is tailgating I just pull to the right slightly and catch the sanding gravel piling up on the shoulder. This will spray their windshield and the front of their car with gravel and they will back way the F off. Of course I don't condone this behavior,but I sure have fun doing it. Like I said,It's a BAD habit,but it works. When on my bike, I just pull over and let the dumb asses go by.

Spunky99

Back up your SD card / video before turning it over...
Good luck...

I record everything now with a handlebar mounted GoPro, and should have what will be a helmet-mounted Drift in my mailbox tomorrow (for POV, and picking up all the texting, knee-driving, make-up mongering, gesticulating, unguided missiles out there that can't be picked up with a straight ahead cam)...

I'll let you know when I release the compilation on FoolTube...
I have the original on my cam and a copy on my work laptop and will copy to my home PC when I get there. I copied the video and the screenshots to a removable 2GB SD card that I will take to the Police. They can keep the 2GB card as I have several just for this purpose.
This asswipe was eyeballing me the whole time and apparently doesn't like the fact that motorcycles here in CA are allowed to lane split. I guess it's just too damn easy to use a 4000 pound car as a deadly weapon and get away with it...I won't ride my bike unless I have a cam running anymore and thats why I have 2 cams...just in case one doesn't work or is broken.
I'll have the video uploaded to Youtube tonight.

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Spunky99

I'll betcha the Police don't want to do a damn thing and tell me to be more careful.
Then it get's posted all over Youtube, FB and everywhere else.

Detrich

Imo, even if it is illegal to lane split, that still doesn't give ANY car or truck or vehicle the right to intimidate a motorcyclist by driving in a dangerous or threatening or violent manner.

It is not ok to run them off the road, because the driver desn't like how they are riding.

This is not a video game. It's human lives. And, some of these assholes seem like a few brain cells short of having any kind of common sense.

Spunky99

Imo, even if it is illegal to lane split, that still doesn't give ANY car or truck or vehicle the right to intimidate a motorcyclist by driving in a dangerous or threatening or violent manner.

It is not ok to run them off the road, because the driver desn't like how they are riding.

This is not a video game. It's human lives. And, some of these assholes seem like a few brain cells short of having any kind of common sense.
According to CA Penal code, 245 (a) (1) Any person who commits an assault upon the person of
another with a deadly weapon or instrument other than a firearm shall
be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for two, three, or
four years, or in a county jail for not exceeding one year, or by a
fine not exceeding ten thousand dollars ($10,000), or by both the
fine and imprisonment.
It is a class 1 felony and a strike on their record (3 strikes law)

Just steering your car towards a motorcycle in a menacing manner is a 245 (a)(1). You don't have to hit them.
That is what cagers need to know. Just scaring a motorcyclist by steering your car towards them is a felony and they can go to jail for it. I wish this was broadcast all over TV because with all the video cams and cell phones proliferated out there, maybe this crap wouldn't happen. If that dude saw that I had a cam he never would have done this.

MustGoFaster

I think he's the exception though. Most people move over when I'm splitting. But one exception is all it takes to ruin your day.

It would be awesome if not only was he arrested, but if the whole thing was publicized to make the rest of the people like him think twice before driving like assholes.
I concur, however let me add to the punishment the following:

1) Have each nut split with a pruning shear.

2) Have his wenis decaptitated than burned in a tire fire.

It's open carry in Arizona. I think I may start doing that on rides. Everytime I see something like this... :shakehead:

Spunky99

I concur, however let me add to the punishment the following:

1) Have each nut split with a pruning shear.

2) Have his wenis decaptitated than burned in a tire fire.

It's open carry in Arizona. I think I may start doing that on rides. Everytime I see something like this... :shakehead:
I grabbed my junk when I read that...ouchie.......:eek:

What if it's a girl?....nevermind..I don't wanna know.....:rolleyes:

MustGoFaster

I grabbed my junk when I read that...ouchie.......:eek:

What if it's a girl?....nevermind..I don't wanna know.....:rolleyes:
He's already a dickless wonder for trying to run a bike off the road and feelin' like a hard-ass. Might as well make it a reality.

And if you ever *do* wanna know what the consequence would be for a woman, merely ask, and my dementia shall consult with my psychosis and provide an answer. :p

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Spunky99

tzrox

3) if the asshole is still there I'll pull my clutch in and normally go ahead and downshift 2-3 times getting ready for step 4, but once I find the gear I want I SLAM on my rear brake locking it up just long enough that I know it's rolling in smoke and I see the car behind me slamming on brakes too

4) bounce off the revlimiter and get the F Outta there because I just pissed off someone who was already pissed
Man just be careful because I find it people tend to tail gate when they are distracted. If he/she is dickin around on their phone or messing with the radio when you slam on your brakes, their 10-15x the mass will plow through you before you have time to bolt.

Chevyfazer

It's not as bad as it sounds, because the bike hardly slows down at all when it's just the rear tire lock up. It's mainly a visual thing, the cager sees smoke and brake lights then freaks. Still yes it's probably not the best of ideas but I can get aggregated easily and absolutely hate when cagers try to bully bikes.

keith217

Tailgaters are ridiculously bad in CA. They just don't care. I've had it happen a couple times in my car where they're so close I can see the pimple on their nose!
On my bike though, I'll just dust them.. going faster than the flow of traffic is safer anyway.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member
Last edited:

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member