I hate tailgaters

MustGoFaster

I did step 3 in Hawaii on my 1968 BSA 650 Lightning...just a puff of smoke and he locked up his brakes and the car swerved off the road and down a steep embankment. He could have been killed and I am sorry I did that.

These days I change lanes or if safe move over and allow them to go by me.
I can accelerate faster than a car so sometimes I do that and find a safe place to ride and allow them to pass. Unless it's a car full of kids hanging out the windows. Then I make sure I am as far away as possible as they tend to throw stuff at you if they get ahead of you.
Hopefully they learned their lesson, at least. You seem nicer than I am, at any rate. When people put my life in danger and then *they* end up getting hurt, I'm of the philosophy "Better them than me."

BKP

Hopefully they learned their lesson, at least. You seem nicer than I am, at any rate. When people put my life in danger and then *they* end up getting hurt, I'm of the philosophy "Better them than me."
Unfortunately, I have an issue letting things go, where some banana-head could have seriously hurt you... It's not road rage... just a sense of balance...

Also unfortunately, I haven't yet found a reliable, safe, and 'meaningful' response...

Perhaps a forum think tank... a contest... a mutually beneficial group effort to a solution...

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Chevyfazer

I did step 3 in Hawaii on my 1968 BSA 650 Lightning...just a puff of smoke and he locked up his brakes and the car swerved off the road and down a steep embankment. He could have been killed and I am sorry I did that.

These days I change lanes or if safe move over and allow them to go by me.
I can accelerate faster than a car so sometimes I do that and find a safe place to ride and allow them to pass. Unless it's a car full of kids hanging out the windows. Then I make sure I am as far away as possible as they tend to throw stuff at you if they get ahead of you.
I normally try to refrain from going that far but I tend to get a bit of road rage when people tailgate me. I have calmed down a good bit over the past few years but I'll admit I still have a ways to go

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member
Last edited:

MustGoFaster

A few years ago on my Ninja 500 I passed this Saturn SUV in a 55mph area on a nice straight stretch of road. I'm going about 60-65mph and just cruising. After I pass this guy he gets right on my ass. I mean RIGHT ON it. I could have almost reached back and touched his bumper.

It scared me a bit so I accelerated to put some distance between us. So now I'm doing 75. Well the guy started catching up and was closing in on me again. Now I'm freaked the f@*k out, so I say to myself, "Screw this" and punch it. I probably hit around 100mph and catch up to some other cars and pass them just before the end of this straight section of highway. After that I slow back down and keep a close eye on my mirrors for this lunatic, but he doesn't follow.

A few miles later I get to town and right after the first stop light I pass a cop. He pulls a u-turn and pulls me over. Turns out that lunatic was an off duty state trooper. He pulls up and starts giving me the riot act. I wanted to start yelling at him, but I kept calm and luckily I didn't provoke him, because he didn't show up to court the day I contested the citations. Since he was the only witness, the case was dismissed. I was cited for speeding (provoked by him), passing in a no passing zone (BS), and something else that I forget, but it was BS too, and even if he had shown up, I was prepared to show that he was the cause of any offense I might have committed. Don't know if it would have worked, so I'm glad he didn't show up. :)
I'm hoping his lack of presence was due to the fact that he figured out he and his moron compatriot were full of crap and regretted his decision to issue those citations. Hope does spring eternal...

Seriously though, what the eff?

YUNOPOLICE.jpg

Spunky99

Now I'm freaked the f@*k out, so I say to myself, "Screw this" and punch it. I probably hit around 100mph and catch up to some other cars and pass them just before the end of this straight section of highway. After that I slow back down and keep a close eye on my mirrors for this lunatic, but he doesn't follow.
I've also done this....Go fast enough to outrun the prick and get into traffic and use the other cars to block him. In CA I can share lanes so it is easier to maneuver in traffic to give the jerk the slip. Let him tailgate somebody else. Maybe they will stomp on the brakes and scare the crap outta him. I am not going to do that in case he rear ends me.

Detrich

Slow drivers- whether they are going the speed limit or not- need to learn to use turn outs or yield. Otherwise they cause accidents by holding up traffic and ticking off other drivers.

This weekend, I was almost hit head on by a white Mercedes, who apparently got fed up following a slow-ass Honda in the opposite direction. The Mercedes decided he'd had enough and in a rage, crossed the double yellow at a blind turn at over-taking speeds- missing me by about an arms length, since I came around that turn and was like OH FUCKING SHIT and swerved as quickly as I could to the right.

My heart was pounding and I was SO fucking angry. I could've been killed.

Next to almost hitting a deer a few weeks ago, this was only the second time that I've seen my life flash before my eyes.

If I weren't on a bike, then for sureI would've turned around to get that asshole Mercedes' license plate and report him.

No matter what, you should NEVER EVER cross the double unless u can see clearly at least 500+ feet both ways. and know that u can safely pass a turtle.

Last edited by a moderator:

06330i

I don't condone doing this AT ALL, but, the other night I was riding home, on the freeway going 75mph, I was in the middle lane with a car infront of me, I went to pass in the left lane (fast lane here in MI), as I merged the ass infront of me decided to cut over as well so I couldn't pass, I flicked my high beam on for a few secs, before shutting it off the guy decided to slam on his brakes to "brake check" me. I locked up the rear tire and almost dumped the bike at 70 mph. A few miles down the road I pulled up next to him, stared him down and he flicked me off trying to show off to his gf in the car. I got close to his car punched his driver side mirror off the car and proceeded on my way (oopsie) :p again I don't recommend doing this, but I could've been easily killed that night.

Brock Kickass

I don't condone doing this AT ALL, but, the other night I was riding home, on the freeway going 75mph, I was in the middle lane with a car infront of me, I went to pass in the left lane (fast lane here in MI), as I merged the ass infront of me decided to cut over as well so I couldn't pass, I flicked my high beam on for a few secs, before shutting it off the guy decided to slam on his brakes to "brake check" me. I locked up the rear tire and almost dumped the bike at 70 mph. A few miles down the road I pulled up next to him, stared him down and he flicked me off trying to show off to his gf in the car. I got close to his car punched his driver side mirror off the car and proceeded on my way (oopsie) :p again I don't recommend doing this, but I could've been easily killed that night.
Def. not recommended, but I bet it was satisfying.

Detrich

u guys need to be careful. I know how upsetting it is when asshole drivers drive like shit. but please remember we are more vulnerable.

Stay calm and either get the heck outta harms way or put some distance between yourself and these assswipes on the road.

Absolutely not worth risking your lives for it- ever.

Spunky99

I'd be afraid I'd lose control punching like that and fall down.;)

BKP

BKP

...unless, of course, you're certifiable...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaC_Y9FR9D8&feature=player_embedded]Drwal na skuterze - YouTube[/ame]

BKP

That's all well and good until you pull it on someone even crazier than you and they just run your dumb ass over. Some people wouldn't hesitate to do it.
Oh, that's a given...

The "...unless you're certifiable..." wasn't a suggestion... it was an observation...

Spunky99

Had a dickhead cager this morning as a star in a video. As I split lanes slowly coming to an intersection and the light changed I moved over into the right lane in front of a big moving van type truck. I saw the dude in a Jeep Grand Cherokee in the left lane ahead of me eyeballing me. He made some moves like he was protecting his lane and came close to the line but I was settled in a lane and had no reason or desire to split. As I got close to even with him, he moved about 2 feet over into my lane in a pretty obvious blocking maneuver (AKA Assault with a deadly weapon with intent to commit great bodily harm). I was near the right side of the right lane as I was already wary of him (Spidey Sense) and a little rearward safety zone so I had an easy out if needed and the truck was pretty far behind me so I had rear room to slam on the brakes should I need to. He pulled back into his lane and as I got side by side he was looking straight forward and flipping me the bird with an outstretched arm. I pointed to my helmet cam but he never saw my gesture and continued to flip me off. I had to slow for the driver in front and then changed lanes a safe distance behind him to go around and then back to the far right lane when it opened to make a right turn. He tried to brake check me and as I was side by side again he did the same routine, staring straight forward with his hand outstretched flipping me the bird. I made my right turn at the light and left him and his dangerous and nasty driving and behavior behind. Now I have this video of the incident that I think I will turn over to the Police with a complaint of 245 PC, ADW and see what happens. I can give them the entire tape because I drove carefully and 100% within the law all the way to work. here was no interaction prior to him crowding my lane and flipping me off either. Best I can figure is he is another out of state driver who thinks lane splitting is illegal and thinks he can use his big deadly vehicle to block and scare motorcyclists that do it. He is wrong.....and possibly the Police will ask him what his thought process was and he will lie because he doesn't know he was recorded and get to inspect the Torrance and LA County jail.:D

Spunky99

BKP

Back up your SD card / video before turning it over...
Good luck...

I record everything now with a handlebar mounted GoPro, and should have what will be a helmet-mounted Drift in my mailbox tomorrow (for POV, and picking up all the texting, knee-driving, make-up mongering, gesticulating, unguided missiles out there that can't be picked up with a straight ahead cam)...

I'll let you know when I release the compilation on FoolTube...