How To: Replace Stock Handlebars with Renthal Bars

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

09fz6rrydur

i just flipped the risers and got the bar installed with 1" cut off the ends and it works great. i just need to get the bar end issue fixed. need to find/buy a tap and get it tapped out so i can get some bar ends. i have no interference with mirrors or levers. and im runing the kawi ninja mirrors.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

09fz6rrydur

You're welcome. You need a 9/16" drill bit, and an M16 x 1.5 tap. If you were closer, I would help you.
no worries, its just a matter of stopping myself from fidigiting with the bikes and going to get the parts.

what kind of bar ends do i get after i drill them out? can i use the stock ones?

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

redbaron

Hey guys I love what you have done. Just a few questions: what renthal bars are you using and with the end result I see you remove some parts from the inner fender, is that permanent

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

Danhayes333

Yamaha xj6 / fz6r handlebars

Basically what I'm looking for is pretty much the same as the stock bars but not as much angle on the wrist, hopefully near to straight.

Is the bars you have like that? and also did you have to adjust the length ?

And if you've got the full name of the bars could you post please.

Thanks

Dan Hayes

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

Idiosynocracy

These forums are having the tendency to create rampant spending, but a quality guide none the less.
Unless you're broke like me it creates a rampant want to spend money lol

tj236

You know what this thread is missing? More pics! Thanks for the guide! I got this bar installed tonight with the Renthal bar ends. Risers are flipped and instead of drilling a hole, I cut the plastic tab off. No rotation at all once it's all tightened up. These bars look awesome from the back without sacrificing any comfort!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mokishea

Jw if there are any short people that have done this swap and what their opinion is on the riding position? I'm about 5'3" and looking at some different options for swapping bars (Renthal, Rizoma, or FZ1). I ride upright most of the time, so I don't want a super aggressive sporty position, but because I'm short, I probably wouldn't mind have the bar a little lower and/or closer to me - just not low and forward where my weight is on my arms.