How to lift bike off suspension?

voriti

The dealership wont be working on bikes until the snow is thawed. By then I want my wifes bike ready to ride so I want to install the Roaring toyz lowering link and kickstand myself. Only think is I dont know how to raise it off the suspension. I dont have a hoist, any suggestions?

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Ropes and a rafter :D

voriti

Hrmmm.... the project begins soon either way lol. Its almost riding time. Think ill try the jack stand and tie-downs from the handle bars to the garage door operer siding things lol

Chucker

Pick up a pully rated at 1000LB and attach it to the ceiling joists. It won't be hard to lift the bike with a pully.

See red

There is a motor cycle jack at harbor freight for 80$. Don't no if it will work on these bikes though. I have one from my other bikes.

ChUcK

A little late, but you could turn your foot pegs upside down and place them on jack stands. If you have an assistant it is simple to raise the bike as high as you want by rocking it sided to side while your assistant alternately raises the stands. Definitely tie it down somehow to keep it from tipping, though.

I didn't have any of my stand tools the other day (buddy borrowed) so to get the bike upright I had to put a brick under the kickstand, tie the forks to something on the left side, and tie the front brake lever tight. Chuck Norris couldn't have kicked it over, even with a Roadhouse Roundhouse... lots of clever ways to do it without buying any specialty tools, as long as you're careful.

Spunky99

Pick up a pully rated at 1000LB and attach it to the ceiling joists. It won't be hard to lift the bike with a pully.
This is what I did to pull off the front forks and put RaceTech springs in them. Used a nylon sling wrapped under the frame.