How many miles on your bike?

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

teban

Hey, I bought my bike on March 2 of the present year....

the guaranty is 12500 km = 7767.139 mi. or one year.... now 6 months later I have.

12200 km = 7580.728 mi. and my guaranty almost over and i had to buy new tires....... but i can regret anything... i really have fun rolling on my bike.

Lefty

Bought my bike the end of July and a month later I have 2100kms (1300 miles). I love this bike and seeing the open country. :D

yellowFZ6r

Had my bike for about 1.5 months and have only 700 miles on it. Its been soo friggin HOT here in Texas this summer. We've almost broken a record for 100+ degree days, brutal!

CrazyCawi

15 months 8k... This weekend she goes in for a valve adjustment and new plugs....
Hey rook to each there own and doing maintenance but thats SUPER early. Valves dont need it until 25k and even then is usually only about 40% of bikes brought it at that point need it. Another thing plugs at 15k are usually still good, but recommended to change then. They use the race driven plug in our bike not the cheapies.

Just spending a buncha monies pretty early in the game when you dont need to really

Rookasaki

Hey rook to each there own and doing maintenance but thats SUPER early. Valves dont need it until 25k and even then is usually only about 40% of bikes brought it at that point need it. Another thing plugs at 15k are usually still good, but recommended to change then. They use the race driven plug in our bike not the cheapies.

Just spending a buncha monies pretty early in the game when you dont need to really

I'm good friends with all the guys at my local Yamaha shop. The mechanic said valves and plugs, all fluids, brake/clutch adjustment etc... I think it says to change plugs at 8k in the owner Manuel. Anyhow, It's only 118 bucks for me ;)

Jots S.R.M.C.

I bought my bike last february here in tucson, az

as of today she has 10,320 miles..

Booya - and thats not riding much the last cpl of months its been so damn hot I have only been riding at night or on state to state runs

linkgt

7500 or so...Ever since I switched to using 87 octane gas btw(after reading the gas sticky thread), the first gas bar goes down at around 26 miles instead of 31(when exclusively using premium) :confused: I wonder if I have to change the air filter/plugs. I haven't switched to Premium again yet because i've been trying many brands of gas but they are all yield the same results. (Happened exactly when I switched to regular too coincidence?). Anyone else had this happened to them once the bike goes over 7000 miles or so?

Last edited:

miketriebsch

6700 miles and have only had it for 4 months lol​

Grumpy

less than 2 months and 1,700 so far :)

SoCal600

09 FZ6R bought in July 2010 brand new. 30,695 current miles :)

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I just rolled passed 18,000 on my wet and rainy ride to work this morning! :thumbup:

ChUcK

Nice to see some wet mileage on the 6Rs around the place. I'm still hanging in there up in Seattle, haven't seen any ice yet during the 7am commutes. The Displacement just ticked over 9100 this afternoon as I was swimming home from work.

Skidro

18,239 miles and she will be 16 months old tomorrow.

That will give me 38,452 miles in 3 1/2 years on two bikes.