Hit a curb, frame is bent!?

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

sunny23

Yea I have talked to a lot of experienced riders who think its very unlikely the frame is bent considering what happened. I'm going to have my buddy take off the forks and trees and we will use string to check for frame straightness. I believe I will only need to buy the front left fork inner tube and thats not hard to replace. Worst case i predict will be to buy both new forks and maybe upper tree but that still beats insurance deductible or trading it and loosing money and gaining payments as this bike is paid off. If the frame is in fact bent then I wont bother replacing anything.

Thanks again for all the replies. I will post pics once the front end is disassembled.

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

Take it to another Yamaha dealership and have them check it over with a mechanic that knows what he's doing and has many years of experience and will use the proper tools to see if the frame is bent.
Hate to say it, but many dealerships are feeling the pinch today and most of the money is coming out of the parts & service departments, so if the opportunity presents itself, they will bone the next guy through the door that needs service work.