Help! Black Sticky Gunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparkxx1

Safest thing to do is pick up a grunge brush for 10$. If you're going to clean the chain while moving the wheel. I want you to remember, even if you're spinning the wheel by HAND the wheel could pick up enough momentum and catch the rag and chop your fingers off. Just don't move the wheel too fast while cleaning with a rag, or do it and use a grunge brush.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Finish-Line-Grunge-Brush-Chain/dp/B000BS02LS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320423571&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Finish Line Grunge Brush Chain: Gear and Chain Cleaning Tool: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

Last edited:

rr_double_rr

Anybody else want to dogpile me because they don't agree with what I said?

I didn't know I had to placate liability here when offering opinons. We ride motorcycles, kids, it's all dangerous.

There's been advice on this forum on how to hack exhausts, cut out cats, and do all sorts of other potentially dangerous mods with ne'er a warning note. Why is that I am getting jumped on for relating how I do it, step by step, for not doing that?

Pardon me for thinking that common sense was common, and that if you're not sure about something don't do it.

I'm serious on this one, go ahead and delete my account. I'm going to be looking for the process on how to do it until then. All I did was try to help someone, and then ask THE person (not forum group) what his intent was with his statement. For that I am crucified and flamed. Thanks and goodbye.

JSP

Super Moderator
No one is piling on bud... we are just saying it is NOT a safe practice to do and it is very dangerous. We want to teach riders, new ones especially, correct ways to do things. Safe ways to do things. Why do it when there is no need to? The rag could slip and suck you right in. Its not worth it. Yes there is risks with anything we do, but that is a highly unneeded risk to take.

Chopping up an exhaust will not change your life forever by loosing your fingers/hand.

No one wants you to leave. Quite the opposite. No hard feelings, nothing is personal. We just want people to stay safe. Thats why we preach ATGATT so much and not to do stupid stuff on public roads, etc. Stick around man. :thumbup:

DragonBlu

behindXgreenXeyes just called and said:noworries:,I think it was just a little kitty poo.:popcorn:

rr_double_rr

No one is piling on bud... we are just saying it is NOT a safe practice to do and it is very dangerous. We want to teach riders, new ones especially, correct ways to do things. Safe ways to do things. Why do it when there is no need to? The rag could slip and suck you right in. Its not worth it. Yes there is risks with anything we do, but that is a highly unneeded risk to take.

Chopping up an exhaust will not change your life forever by loosing your fingers/hand.

No one wants you to leave. Quite the opposite. No hard feelings, nothing is personal. We just want people to stay safe. Thats why we preach ATGATT so much and not to do stupid stuff on public roads, etc. Stick around man. :thumbup:

You can't lose a finger to a reciprocating saw? That's new.

Seriously, I'm looking for the door. Please delete my account. All I did was try to help and offer an opinion and despite what you say, people have dogpiled me and have flamed me for just doing what they do every day.

JSP

Super Moderator
You can't lose a finger to a reciprocating saw? That's new.

Seriously, I'm looking for the door. Please delete my account. All I did was try to help and offer an opinion and despite what you say, people have dogpiled me and have flamed me for just doing what they do every day.

Absolutely you can... If you are not following all safety procedures. Do you not use a push rod for your wood? Do you just push right through with your hand right next to the blade? Kid I knew lost his thumb because of that... Same thing we are getting at here.

We dont delete accounts. You may want to come back after ya cool off. We dont want ya to leave. Like I said, nothing personal and wish you would not see it that way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.